LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Question -> GPU-Z

Kestol

My question goes to this:

Unavngivet.jpg

As u can see my default GPU + memory clock should be 450 Mhz and 700Mhz... So how come it isnt???? Or doesnt it always run at full??? Maybe that explains the red bars :) If they are as big as they can get the things should be 450Mhz and 700 Mhz then.. Or what????

I tryed Overclockin with Rivatuner and it worked.. But didnt give me much so i decided to uninstall it again... But before that i turned the settings to default again...

So can anybody answer?

One word: Powermizer, you will only use full gpu clocks when using 3d applications (mainly games).

When not needed, your gpu will downclock to save power. the red bars show that it was running at full speed, then downclocked one level, then to lowest level. Everything is fine.

When not needed, your gpu will downclock to save power. the red bars show that it was running at full speed, then downclocked one level, then to lowest level. Everything is fine.

After downclocked, you also get a lower temperatures, which protects your laptop.