LaptopVideo2Go Forums

External Monitor with m1530 notebook

CyberGuy

I have a m1530 and I have set my nView display to clone the display onto my external monitor (26" soyo with HDMI). The NVIDIA control panel calls my external display "MB26W", but I'm not sure what that means. The real problem is that I have no way of obtaining 1920 x 1080 resolution with my 26" monitor. The highest I can set it is 1280 x 800, which is the resolution of my laptop display. I didn't have this issue in Vista, but I have it with Win XP SP3. I have a NVIDIA 8600M GT with 178.xx drivers that I got from this website. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by CyberGuy

If you are using clone, then it is displaying the same image on both screens, and doesn't like having different resolutions. Have you tried extending your desktop to see if you can get a higher res that way?

I. The real problem is that I have no way of obtaining 1920 x 1080 resolution with my 26" monitor. The highest I can set it is 1280 x 800, which is the resolution of my laptop display. I didn't have this issue in Vista, but I have it with Win XP SP3.

That's what clone means, it uses the biggest common resolution . You have to config individual screens in dualview to get the maximum resolution of both screens.

yea i personally couldnt figure out how to set up an external display on my m1530 without disabling the laptop screen... for some reason both screens would always be connected to eachother, like my mouse could go between both screens. if you set your external display to primary, and disable your laptop screen you should be able to set up your external display to full 1920x1080 resolution givin you have a 1080i/p tv, as thats what i did.

Edited by coolcop06

yea i personally couldnt figure out how to set up an external display on my m1530 without disabling the laptop screen... for some reason both screens would always be connected to eachother, like my mouse could go between both screens. if you set your external display to primary, and disable your laptop screen you should be able to set up your external display to full 1920x1080 resolution givin you have a 1080i/p tv, as thats what i did.

Thanks for the help, you guys. I got it to display on my external monitor with a higher resolution. Now the problem is that, as coolcop06 mentions, I can only achieve the max resolution of 1920 x 1080, which is for a 16:9 ratio TV. My LCD monitor is a 16:10 display. Anyway for me to get 1920x1200?

Edited by CyberGuy