LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Ati 3650 clocks changing

Guest Guest

Hello all

I bought ati 3650 from ebay installed it into my laptop . I tried to play farcry 2 and my laptop just shut down before id even got past the menu screen.

So i used gpu z to see my graphics card info.

Default clock is 300mhz and memory 405mhz but the problem is my gpu clock changes from 600mhz and memory 700mhz then they keep changing to values like

91750mhz and 81531mhz which is crazy.

Anyone have any ideas why it keps changing and saying its so high.

Guest MonkeyMhz

Id say you have one kickass card if it could stay at 91k mhz. lol. Man thats such a strange problem. I honestly don't know what could be the problem. Drivers? BIOS? strange.

Hello all

I bought ati 3650 from ebay installed it into my laptop . I tried to play farcry 2 and my laptop just shut down before id even got past the menu screen.

So i used gpu z to see my graphics card info.

Default clock is 300mhz and memory 405mhz but the problem is my gpu clock changes from 600mhz and memory 700mhz then they keep changing to values like

91750mhz and 81531mhz which is crazy.

Anyone have any ideas why it keps changing and saying its so high.

This also happens in my amilo xi1546. There are loads of pictures of the same thing happening on techrepublic site. What system are you runinng, my theory is that as this card is not fully supported by ATItool then it may be a case that its not fully supprted by GPU-Z, it may also be to do with the vbios. My clocks can remin at 600 / 700 but as soon as i use the sensors to monitor and change back to the main screen they start changing like yours.

I have got an Acer 5920G, without any drivers installed my gpu clocks are very low i cant remember exactly but something like 100mhz and 300mhz as soon as i install drivers thats when problems come and i cant play any games because the laptop just shuts down.

I have got an Acer 5920G, without any drivers installed my gpu clocks are very low i cant remember exactly but something like 100mhz and 300mhz as soon as i install drivers thats when problems come and i cant play any games because the laptop just shuts down.

What are your temperatures? The shutdown are due to overheating... Can you apply or reapply some artic Silver on the gpu?

1. newest catalyst with mobility modder.

2 the clock thing is a gpu-z bug, try a older version.

3. powerplay setting on with both at maximum performace = maximum performance.

This core do actually get quite hot. i solved it with underclocking and undervolt the cpu

Edited by nassevis

• 2 months later...

I have the same Acer 6920 it is overheating, ive looked it up and it shuts down automatically at around 65C the only thing to do is underclock it as far as i can tell. If anyone has any other suggestions id appreciate it.

Hi,

try Nibitor and lower the temperature shutdown of the card: for ATI 3650 it should be about 95°C not 65°...

You can do the same for your CPU with Notebook Hardware Center (NHC)