LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v179.14 Windows Vista 32bit | ASUS

mobilenvidia

i believe that they are pretty similar. although 179.13 is more stable, but not quite the performance of .14. very similar though.

so they are a lil better but games crash much more with them ??

Thx , Pistino01

Btw ... love ur laptop Wook !!!! :)

Thx , Pistino01

Edited by Pistino01

Loving these drivers, very stable on all games so far, no down-clocking on my 8700 @ 666/825/1350, and temps max at 55ish.

There's no crash for me, but the highest temperature I recorded was 85c. That's pretty hot for a fast driver! I hope it's no damaging my video card playing Left 4 Dead!

If I'm not in game, the average temperature is 64c. So it's not like getting ~75c on idle. Let me know what you guys think!

Edited by ravage

Oh man, this is some kind of killer driver. My 8600M GT went up to 92C in NFS: Undercover! Not mentioning that it keeps 62-65C while I'm not doing anything! I know this game is not very stable yet, but that's just crazy...

Oh man, this is some kind of killer driver. My 8600M GT went up to 92C in NFS: Undercover! Not mentioning that it keeps 62-65C while I'm not doing anything! I know this game is not very stable yet, but that's just crazy...

what laptop do you have?

Would this driver be recommended for a Samsung R710 on vista 32bit with 512mb 9600m GT? or are there other better/stable drivers for gaming on this card/laptop?

Hey Guys!

Could you help?

Got a GeForce 8600M Gt with SLi (two of them)

...runs on a Toshiba Satego X200

--- Questio: Do this Driver works for me? because it sounds good :)

--- next question: could i install the driver with the given Inf or should i modfiy it? How?

BIG THANKS!

Well to answer both of your questions in one, yes you need the modded inf for the driver to work. Just extract and replace the original inf. No need to modify the inf yourself.

Ok --- try it! Hope it works fine

EDIT: Works ok - don't have the time to check every game but works stable and i got 5 to 10 more frames (no wonder- last driver was 174.14 ^^)

EDIT2: (sorry^^) Its UNBELIEVABLE! 40 fps more in Far Cry2 !!! Works GREAT for this game

Edited by TES_Master

I installed this one, but have problems with the right click panel as it didn't show up in the right click and just found out the information: panel can't show because there is a confilict and need to reinstall.

Any ideas, please.

Hey..

i am using asus G2s..with vista ultimate(32bit)...m stuck with 7.15(2007) drivers..the default ones...and would like to update...

pls help?

thanks

Everything you need to know is in the faq.

Just go to the forum main page and you will see the faq section. Good luck.

OK : seems to work fine on my 8600M GT

thx LV2GO :) !

hi...

i m having asus g2s can u pls help me to install this driver correctly.....pls thanks

As with most cards for the 8600M GT with Inspiron 1520, this one decreases the frame rate by around 15-20 fps. I don't notice any heat problems though. Plus there is scroll lag.

Its Freezing in call of duty world at war=(

My system: Acer aspire 7720g

Win Vista 32bit

Ram: 3gb ddr2

INtel core 2 duo precossor t 7700 2,4 ghz

Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 8600m gt 512 mb

i had the same problem with cod 4, but then i updated it to the latest driver at that time and it worked, but it dosent work with cod wolrd at war!!=( need help

• 4 weeks later...