LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT Problems

Hoovertime

Ok, i have been searching on this forum for some hours and i can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I bought a new computer some months ago, and i payed some extra bucks for a better computer. But the fact is that is barely better then my older one ( In preformance )

When i bought the PC i wanted it to handle the newest games with no lag and good graphics.

I am running on the "standard" drivers that came when i bought the PC and i have tried to install new ones, but i ain't an expert when it comes to computers.

I looked on another post, and he said that the 8600M GT should use 178.26. So i downloaded this driver and extracted it to my desktop.

After that i have no idea what to do. I have tried "Setup" but it said that the drivers can not be used with my hardware.

So what do i need to do to make this computer run some games more smoothly ?

And also, the first game i bought to this PC was Fallout 3, and after i Installed it, it asked me to wait cause it was going to detect my hardware, and the result was: VERY HIGH Graphics or something like that. But when i tried it i had serious lag, and was maybe running on 10-20 FPS max.

And i have a friend that bought the same computer as i have, and he have the same drivers to. And he bought Farcry and when he started the game it pop up a window: Your graphic drivers are too old.

Specs:

8600M GT 512MB

3GB Ram

Windows XP SP3

Western digital hardisk ( 7200 rpm )

CPU : 2,2 GHz Dual Core¨¨

Please help as soon as possible and sorry for my bad english :)

I looked on another post, and he said that the 8600M GT should use 178.26. So i downloaded this driver and extracted it to my desktop.

After that i have no idea what to do. I have tried "Setup" but it said that the drivers can not be used with my hardware.

So what do i need to do to make this computer run some games more smoothly ?

You need to download the drv_inf.gifModded INF from the thread where you got the driver, and put it in the extracted folder. Driver will install properly then.

take a look at the front page. download 179.14 with the modified inf file. (download driver and modified inf file. extract driver to a folder, then copy the modified inf file to that same folder. run setup.exe)

Preliminary testing demonstrates its the best driver for new games (so far). Will test with fallout 3 in a few mins. and let you know if this is an option for this game.

Guest Hoovertime

Claw: Thanks

wook: Trying it out in a few minutes, thanks for the help :)

Galdere: eeh... didn't get that one.

I bought a new computer - Thats right

Its barely better then my older one ( in preformance ) - True

i wanted my new computer to handle the newest games with no lag and good graphics. - true

Guest Hoovertime

Damn, the 178.26 made my computer first get an blue screen, and after that when i finally got it on i had a "FPS lock" on 50 coulnt get higher in Fallout or Live for speed.

And i found my driver cd again, the version vas 156.10.

I NEED a new one that works on my computer and works better then the 156.10 :)

Probably you have in Nvidia CP 3D settings forced V-sync on.

Guest MonkeyMhz

Its probably cuz your monitor isnt sync'd. If u turn Vsync on, most games seem alot smoother with it.

Because the industry standard is 60fps limit for fast paced FPS's. 30 FPS for RTS and games like GTA.

Also its how their are meant to be played. Rage by ID Software will be a 60FPS game. As for Doom4 is targeted for a 30FPS game.

I guess u can always have more fps and then things r just smoother wont ruin the game unless u start moving faster but that would only be in games that dont have time based movement.

I just think its dumb to complain about 50 fps. Then again if ur fps are dropping up and down alot 50 fps dropping up and down is gonna look alot more laggy than 30fps solid.

Guest Hoovertime

Ok, i tried to install my old 156.10 and now i get 100 fps. But i wanted a driver that handles Fallout 3 better, cause when it detected my hardware it set the setup to "High" but i can only run it on low.

Ill try to install some other drivers now.

Monkey: I dont know if you are used to 30 or 60 fps but in my eyes its lag. (and lag is the only thing i really hate in any game)

Have you tried counter strike on 60 fps ? or LFS ?

Hey guys

Is this the best driver for our card 8600M GT???

I have that card too :)

Ok, i tried to install my old 156.10 and now i get 100 fps. But i wanted a driver that handles Fallout 3 better, cause when it detected my hardware it set the setup to "High" but i can only run it on low.

Ill try to install some other drivers now.

Monkey: I dont know if you are used to 30 or 60 fps but in my eyes its lag. (and lag is the only thing i really hate in any game)

Have you tried counter strike on 60 fps ? or LFS ?

Um. Human eyes can't detect anything past 30FPS so saying it lags is like saying your not human. You MIGHT be experiencing drops in rate where it falls From 50 to 15 and than back up which is a drive issue. Remove and reinstall.

my 8600M GS used to do that. Now i don't have to worry about it sense i don't own the laptop anymore nor do i have it now :) <3 Toshiba.

Edited by Squall_Rinoa89