LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8700M GT & Turbocache

Valkirie

Hey their, as you can see by reading my topic's name i'm trying to figure a way to disable Turbocache with 8700M GT.

I allready tried RMDDisableSystem blablabla using Rivatuner and rebooting, but it doesn't change anything. Windows keep saying i have 2GB Shared Memory available.

I have 8700M GT SLI with 512 MB DDRIII I realy don't think i need Shared Memory.

Thx.

The memory is only used if needed, so in normal operation it makes no difference if you have it enabled

If needed.

I would prefere the 8700M GT to refresh her memory instead of use the shared one.

Edited by Valkirie

• 2 weeks later...
up

Why you want to disabled it? is there are some problem while turbocache is turned on?

There is no point in doing that.

If your card didn't try to cache something beyond its own graphics ram then the os would anyway. Turbocache is just a way of issuing that command quicker. It's the game or program you are using that would have to stop wanting things to be cached, and that isn't always possible or sensible.