LaptopVideo2Go Forums

What is the best driver for 8400m G?

silviana

I really dont have any ideas about drivers, I've tried more than 10 drivers since I got my laptop (I have driver cleaner).

Dox's 178.13 is the best I suppose, but it doesnt work on my GTASA last time I installed it. :)

and all the 18x.xx drivers perform poorly on CS1.6 (just for 8400m) (worse than 16x and 17x)

I was trying to install 169.04, which only takes few seconds to install (without reason, it doesnt really install though I've put in the new inf), and keep asking me to reboot and reboot again.

so I turned back to reinstall 169.01 (it worked last time), but the same, this time doesnt work.

I wondered that the problem could be on the Driver Cleaner, every time I drag every options start with the letter "NVIDIA", I wish that is the right step cause I want to remove drivers "completely", can any one tell me is that right or wrong?

sorry for my poor english....lol

Edited by silviana

I got 8400M G aswell. I tried every 17x, 180.10 and 180.42 drivers and the 178.24 by Dox is definately the best. Getting about 1500 3dmarks (o/c). Don't even touch 180+, they suck.

my 8400m g runs well with dox 180.43 drivers.... i play far cry 2 with it

I got 8400M G aswell. I tried every 17x, 180.10 and 180.42 drivers and the 178.24 by Dox is definately the best. Getting about 1500 3dmarks (o/c). Don't even touch 180+, they suck.

180.43 are optimized for FC2, while 178.24 are better for any other use.

I m using 179.14 released by ASUS, which performs better than 178.13 (I supposed).

It solved the problem which I couldnt play GTASA lol

the original inf didnt install powermizer, it keeps GPU clock at 400/400, the new inf also solved this problem, too.

I havent try DOX 178.24, will it be better than 179.14?

Edited by silviana