LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer 8920G N9500M GS drivers?

Andrew March

I'm looking for a good stable set of drivers for my Nvidia 9500m gs card. Currently using the default set that came with my Aspire 8920G, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

try the 179.13 with modded inf ... im useing them and they are godlike atm...

Please tell me how did you do modded inf? What it is means? I have Acer 6920G with 9500m gs video card. Games are really slowly with this driver: 7.15.11.7561.. :)

Please help me!!!

Thanks

try the 179.13 with modded inf ... im useing them and they are godlike atm...

hi pistino

im using 180.44? are they worse than the ones you use?

I installed this kind of driver with modified inf. Everything works well except one thing. When I try to play BD Remux or HDD Remux from HDD PowerDVD writes that I have uncompatible graphics driver.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried various versions of video drivers with my Acer Aspire 7720G (GeForce 9500M GS). The best results I got under Vista HP x86 are with drives version 179.13 and 179.14.

With 180.x and 169.x I am getting less performance (30-100 3DMark pts less), also got some visual bugs with some 3D apps.

P.S. Vista performance tests are weird, don't use it for measurement. I used 3DMark'06 (it's better to run tests several times to get right values) for measurement and a bunch of 3D demos to detect visual bugs.

@TomOne: Go to a driver topic here on LV2Go, download the driver, and extract it. Then click on the Modded INF link beside the driver download link, and download it to where the driver was extracted. It will overwrite the default INF and allow you to install any driver on any system.

@Guest: Of course, using modded INFs breaks any WHQL certification, which is required for Blu-ray and HD-DVD playback.

@Second Guest: Interesting. I'm on 176.26, and I'm quite happy with it.

Suigi, not tried 176 series driver.

But sure, there's no need to try newer stuff if you're happy with current you're using.

(strange, I recognized as "Second" Guest in previous message)

P.S. PhysX requires 178.x driver or newer. So maybe 179.x is good one to start.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lakhesis

OMG the ppl at ACER seem to be really nuts... They have created a great set of notebooks with their Gemstone Blue Series but they deliver them with drivers from the stoneage :)

These drivers suck at gaming and benchmarks... ok 9500M GS isnt really a gaming card either but even older games wont run well and (in my case) tend to crash regulary with the notice: "Driver stoped responding"

So I downloaded the 179.28 Forceware (the newest I could find on the official nVidia website)... The graphic performance and stability has increased... I play GTA IV on low settings :)

Though the Blu-Ray playback doesn't work anymore... at this moment it is not a big problem as I dont hae any BD exept the demo one and in my region there arent any movies available on BD... but soon this will change

Until then ACER should really get some work done and make some newer drivers fully compatible with their precious Gemstone Blue series (some good 180.xx would be nice)

Greetings

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my god. All these drivers suck. I downloaded 181.22 with WHQL certificate. So, it can play blue-ray but it cannot play AVCHD MTS format very well. All these updated drivers have some problem with HD playing. Sometimes they play well, sometimes they don't. That MTS files are played by Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre very well if you use the native driver 174.51. But this driver is old and it doesn't have one good function: Dynamic Range, which makes video much better when you set it on Full Range. So, yet there is no an universal driver which can play everything on highest level.