LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT Overheating? Counter strike Source

Guest Hatz

Think it's a heating issue, but i wanna make sure. For the longest time i used the 169.28 desktop on my laptop. After a little bit, in server the comp would seemingly freeze lag. Everntually, and occasionally, the comp just shut down. I switched to the 175.80 for mobiles, no symptoms like that but my fps sucked, so finally i just went to the 177.92 where i get massive fps, and it worked great for maybe 10 min...then the first symptoms, then it just crashed the computer again out of nowhere.

I'm assuming this is an overheating issue, laptop is sitting on wood. Never had this problem before though, just recently....probably also a combination of comcast's s***ty internet.

Weird thing is that my bro's computer it don't happen, but if I do the freeze lag thing like i said, his internet goes down as well. That don't make sense to me.

Anyone have suggestions as to what driver is good to not overheat yet provide sufficient fps? Or should i just get this beast:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834998051

EDIT: ya, i just booted up source on a very cool to the touch laptop, and it was doin that lag s*** again, freezing, refresh latency on fav servers and no response. Soon as i disconnect, they show up again when low lat.

Maybe it isn't the overheating?

Have you cleaned out your laptop ventilation system?

How hot is your GPU running just before he crashes? (you can see it by using Rivatuner or GPU-Z)

Maybe you also have the powermizer bug (3D app freezes and returns with a real bad FPS), which happens with the newest 17x.xx and 18x.xx drivers, if that is the problem, try the powermizer switch, or another way to block the GPU clocks to normal.

Have you cleaned out your laptop ventilation system?

How hot is your GPU running just before he crashes? (you can see it by using Rivatuner or GPU-Z)

Maybe you also have the powermizer bug (3D app freezes and returns with a real bad FPS), which happens with the newest 17x.xx and 18x.xx drivers, if that is the problem, try the powermizer switch, or another way to block the GPU clocks to normal.

Opened it up and blew it out. No real buildup in there anyway. Downloaded GPU-z and will try that out when playing. I hear a lot about this powermizer crap, and i had it enabled but, correct me if I'm wrong, that can't be it because I always have my adapter plugged in. It's never running straight on battery during gaming. Regardless, i just turned powermizer off to see.

8600m gt downclock issue, google g84 g86 downclock to read more

I'm reading this right now, pisses me off. Is there any fix to this s***?

normal temp for that card , i get 100 ° playing CSS in my Nvidia 8400gs all the 8series of nvidia has the overheating problem you can try cooper mod to don a little thats temps

normal temp for that card , i get 100 ° playing CSS in my Nvidia 8400gs all the 8series of nvidia has the overheating problem you can try cooper mod to don a little thats temps

False, not all the card have it. Only some with a G84 or G86 core. Don't spead false rumours.

False, not all the card have it. Only some with a G84 or G86 core. Don't spead false rumours.

my god whats with this hostility on this site lately... jeez.

but yes its only SOME of the G84/86 cores.... I personally went through 3 motherboards until i finally found a card that wasnt defective. MAX temp ever with my card overclocked was 86c, but im usually around 76-82c. you guys just need to call your laptop vendors and tell them the situation and they should replace your card for free like me.