LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overlocking CPU in DELL XPS M1730

radixxx

Hello , how overlocking CPU in my DELL XPS ?? I've Core Duo 2 - 2.4 GHz :)

Edited by radixxx

I'm don't know what your drivers are, but if you're specifically going for overclocking, download EVGA Precision, it should work, and the interface is very user-friendly.

Get it from Guru3d here.

emm... he is trying to overclock CPU not GPU ... :)

@RADIXX: sry mate dunno how ...

You cant overclock laptops CPU unless the motherboard allows ths. e.g. Asus G70 and G71

RMclock can make the cpu run at full speed all the time. and possibly make the multiplyer more than your system has it currently set for.

You can o/c the xps 1730 from the bios if you have top of the line 2.8 gig processor as an option when you ordered it. It will go up 3.4 gig easily but at that speed the fan fan runs full speed all the time. At 3.0 gig it still slows down at idle. and it does run damn hot like 70 degrees

Be careful when changing multiplyer and voltage settings on the motherboard as if you burn out the CPU you wont be able to enter the BIOS and change the voltage back to normal. This will void the warantee.

Be careful when changing multiplyer and voltage settings on the motherboard as if you burn out the CPU you wont be able to enter the BIOS and change the voltage back to normal. This will void the warantee.

Thanks very much for reply !!! I must buy new XPS 2.8 Ghz :)

Edited by radixxx

good point. just put the old CPU back in and change settings back. just dont sell the CPU. ; )