LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus / nVidia 9300M G Problems

Guest Magnus Fojo

Guest Magnus Fojo

Hi.

I have the Asus F3S laptop with Geforce 9300M G running Vista 32 home something.

My problem is that all games, no matter if its the old CS1.6 or HL2 or newer shooters, makes it freeze completely. Nothing but the good old 5 sec of holding down the power button does the trick. It says that the "Display driver has stopped functioning, but has recovered" or similar. Whats up!? The machine is just about brand new. And I tried to find some new drivers, but nvidia stated somewhere on their pages that this Gpu has to get drivers from the notebook manufacturer or something. Tried at asus' webpages as well.. but no luck.

Any suggestions?

you can get driver from us. try this one will work a treat:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=21804

but also sorry to say that the 9300m not a gaming GPU. its hardware acceleration is quite low and games wont run very well. But like i said try these drivers, and they willl give you some improvement.

: remember to download the driver, and the 'modified inf' file as well. extract the driver to a folder then copy the modified inf file to that same folder. then run setup.exe

Guest Magnus Fojo

Ok. thanks alot:) I found way to run bioshock at a crappy, but still playable setting so I not i a hurry. So I'll ask, would you recommend to follow the instructions in the "how to install drivers" tread? Like removing everything and running regcleaners and that stuff... Or will the setup files do the stuff thats necessary?

And yeah, I've figured out thats its not a proper gaming gpu. Probably designed to get maximum effect out of WMP... aaaah lol

*screw that imbecile chick at the compstore who said it would run all new games*

Yeah, and thanx again! :)

haha.. yes sales people are quite good at making the 'hard sell'. i only do a clean install of a driver if im having issues installing a new one.

Its not a major.

Ok. thanks alot:) I found way to run bioshock at a crappy, but still playable setting so I not i a hurry. So I'll ask, would you recommend to follow the instructions in the "how to install drivers" tread? Like removing everything and running regcleaners and that stuff... Or will the setup files do the stuff thats necessary?

And yeah, I've figured out thats its not a proper gaming gpu. Probably designed to get maximum effect out of WMP... aaaah lol

*screw that imbecile chick at the compstore who said it would run all new games*

Yeah, and thanx again! :)

Yes, I was once in the same position, ignorance isn't always bliss it seems.