LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Aluminum Macbook Pro Vista 64 freezing

Firebat246

I have a fresh copy of Vista 64 running on my new Macbook Pro... It randomly locks up doing simple things like surfing the web. The only way to recover is to do a hard reboot. There is no blue screen or anything just literally freezes. I have read around about this problem and apparently it is video driver related... can anyone give me some feedback on what the deal is with this? I have tried a few different drivers here and so far I still have been getting the lock ups. Any help would be appreciated on this issue. Thanks!

I have a fresh copy of Vista 64 running on my new Macbook Pro... It randomly locks up doing simple things like surfing the web. The only way to recover is to do a hard reboot. There is no blue screen or anything just literally freezes. I have read around about this problem and apparently it is video driver related... can anyone give me some feedback on what the deal is with this? I have tried a few different drivers here and so far I still have been getting the lock ups. Any help would be appreciated on this issue. Thanks!

bump

all i can say is that this seems to be a driver issue. will need to try drivers that dont do this. trial and error my friend

all i can say is that this seems to be a driver issue. will need to try drivers that dont do this. trial and error my friend

Bump... still having this problem... just locked up surfing the web again for no reason.... any solutions yet?

Bump... still having this problem... just locked up surfing the web again for no reason.... any solutions yet?

bump...hoping to find eventual solution

Try the 179.14 drivers with modded inf.

• 1 month later...

Still having these issues to this day... It NEVER freezes while playing games which is the weird part. Only during surfing the web and being on the desktop. Has this problem been found and/or resolved yet?

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem with my Macbook Pro (Late 2008, early 2009) Specs: 2.8, 4GB ram....running Vista Ultimate x64.

I think I may have fixed it; I haven't had any freezes for a little while.

While keeping the original BootCamp drivers, I made it so that the two Nvidia start-ups didn't start up, disabled the bowser and took care of the Kerboros error. It seems to have done the trick. Hope this helps.