LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M1730 - Can't play ANY games- HELP PLZ!

Shr3d3m

Hello all,

New poster here, and the biggest THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU in advance to anyone that can help....

I recently purchased an M1730 to get me through a buisness trip for the next month. (Can't live without the GAMES!)

Here are the specs;

T9300 Dual Core (2.5GHZ)

8800M GT (SLI)

Ageia Physx 100

2 X 7200 200GB (Raid 0)

4GB DDR2 667

Vista Home Premium (32bit)

Upon purchase I loaded COd4/Crysis Wars/TMN Forever -- All ran quick with no issues.

I then left it alone for about a month while I was still at home gaming on the desktop rig.

When I arrived here, was playing Crysis Wars with no issues at all for about a week when all of a sudden, the game would take about 10 min to load, and lockup non-stop to the point that it wasn't playable.

I tried some driver updates to no avail, and assumed that Crysis, as buggy as it is, was behind it all. I simply stopped trying to play while I focused on work. Then a Crysis patch came out, so I figured it was the awnser to my prayers. I loaded it up and the game worked great for about a week. Then I started to encounter the same problem again. I've loaded every driver on the planet, uninstalled/reinstalled via driver cleaner, and have even tried other games (COD4/TM) And I get the same problem regardless of game;

Launch EXE......wait 2-4min.....get 1st screen

Takes a few min after every mouse click, cann't Ctrl/Alt/Del or Alt/F4 out....it just seems frozen.

Thaught it may be a mem leak of sorts, but Mem diagnostics came back clean.

Device Mgr shows both cards loaded, and working properly, and problem occurs weather or not SLI is enabled

I've also tried disabling th Physx card, no difference.

I've tried sys restore to when it was working, no help.

Again....ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

(Gamer stuck in Germany)

i have had simmilar problem on mine lappy when it was 1 month old ... all i did was run registry fix and it solved it . Try defragmenting your drives , run registry fix 6.2 , check for viruses/adwares/spywares . also check for dust inside , but i doubt there is any... . try all the system options mentioned above and report back ... ;D

Thx , Pistino01

i have had simmilar problem on mine lappy when it was 1 month old ... all i did was run registry fix and it solved it . Try defragmenting your drives , run registry fix 6.2 , check for viruses/adwares/spywares . also check for dust inside , but i doubt there is any... . try all the system options mentioned above and report back ... ;D

Thx , Pistino01

Disk Defragged

Reg Fix 7.0 completed

Spyware Doc Scan Complete

Dust Checked

Thanks for the help, but unfortunatley none of the above helped the issue. It really seems to be somthing SLI/Physx related, but I can't put my finger on it. If I were home, Id just do a full re-format, but I don't have my disc's with me :)

-Any other idea's would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PROBLEM SOLVED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CHIPSET DRIVERS FROM DELL WEBSITE FIXED EVERYTHING>>>>>>>>>>>>>THANKS FOR HELP

Edited by Shr3d3m