LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't change MAC address with Intel Proset V12 onwards

bugmenot

Versions after 11.5 have MAC address changing disabled (can't do it through utilities anymore, nor through device manager).

Anybody encountering the same issue? Version 12 includes Wifi Link 5x00 support, so I'm kind of screwed...

Yes, and why not just use 11.5 drivers if you must change your MAC address

Version 12 includes Wifi Link 5x00 support, so I'm kind of screwed...

His card isn't supported by 11.5

Try installing 11.5 but force the install as a i4965

I've done it with my i5300 it installs and driver actually starts (as 12.x doesn't) but radio is disabled but may work if you can get 12.5 to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Mobilenvidia,

How were you able to pass the 5300 off as the 4965? Does the 5300 some how support the 11.5 driver version? I own the 5100 and I can't seem to make it work no matter what I do.

You can force an install by unclicking the 'Show compatable Hardware' using driver update.

Made no difference in the end as it still doesn't work, Radio won't turn on :)

• 8 months later...
Guest Tester

Yes, it seems that mac spoofing has been disabled after version 11.5. I have smac, tmac, wireshark and everything i could google up to try to change the mac address but it always shows the original mac address. I even modified a version 11.5 inf and got it to install but even that doesn't work. Any ideas?