LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Games for windows live problem

dreadlord369

Hey guys, for some reason, games for windows live has just stopped working. When I try to turn in games for windows live outside of a game, i get some sort of exception and it closes. And when i open say gears of war i cant even open the live thing, or it wont even let me sign into my profile. In halo 2, when i clock the icon, IT SAYS I HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE GAME AGAIN!!!!, and then for gta 4, when i click the gta 4 play button, it just crashes and gives me an error. I went into event viewer and it gave me this

Title GTAIV.exe (1, 0, 0, 0) XLive 2.0.0673.0 (PANORAMA_V2.00_RTM.081028-1714) C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll

0x80004005

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL

C:\Windows\system32\msidcrl40.dll 5.000.737.6

GTAIV.exe

1, 0, 0, 0

2.0.0673.0 (PANORAMA_V2.00_RTM.081028-1714) C:\Windows\system32\xlive.dll

0x80004005 Games for Windows - LIVE DLL C:\Windows\system32\msidcrl40.dll 5.000.737.6

I tried reinstalling the game, games for windows, video drivers, you name it. I still have the same problem, anyone know what might be wrong?

EDIT: BTW this is the error i get when i try to open live 2vnqidu.jpg

Edited by dreadlord369

How long are you getting this problem?

Have you downloaded the updated version of GFWL, or are you using the one off the GTA4 dvd?

I think i tried both after reinstalling but i forget, but just incase, could you link me to the updated version???(i cant find it myself, i tried google and microsoft but no links came up.....)

BTW: this is the error i get when i try to start up live: 2vnqidu.jpg

Edited by dreadlord369

I think i tried both after reinstalling but i forget, but just incase, could you link me to the updated version???(i cant find it myself, i tried google and microsoft but no links came up.....)

BTW: this is the error i get when i try to start up live: 2vnqidu.jpg

I'm sorry but this problem is for you to solve.

I notice now you aren't using a laptop, you haven't seen the message and link in the GTA4 launcher saying to upgrade GFWL (which also makes me question if you are running a legit version), and you are asking me to do a basic thing for you I have suggested. You are perfectly capable of doing so yourself.

I notice now you aren't using a laptop, you haven't seen the message and link in the GTA4 launcher saying to upgrade GFWL (which also makes me question if you are running a legit version), and you are asking me to do a basic thing for you I have suggested. You are perfectly capable of doing so yourself.

I already tried clicking the link in the social club for the upgrade of live and i tried starting the game with and without the update, same error. And yes i am using a legit version, how is it that me saying that i need a link to live saying that i dont have a legit version???.... I thought the link in there was an update to live not a full link......

Edited by dreadlord369

reformat drive and install OS and games again. wont have a problem registering the games again as they are legit copies.

Sorry, thats all i can suggest.

You may want to bounce an e-mail to MS tech support about the issue. they may take some time getting back to you tho.

I did and thats why im askin here cause i really dont wanna wait. i guess ill just wait for their response or else ill format

OK nvm i fixed the issue sort of... I made a new user account and logged on to it, then when i opened games for windows it worked fine. I guess ill just open the new account when i wanna play games.

• 1 month later...

Why do you bother with petty trivialities of such people? You are magnanimous in your exceptional genorosity to do so. You, are an arse. An arrogant, self-righteous, pompous arse.