LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Pro-Star NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M custom driver

Guest Kapacs

I wanted to purchase a computer that would support both gaming and heavy 3D modeling and animation. The Quadro FX 3700M seemed to be a better choice than the Nvidia GeForce 9800M GTX due to its extra shaders and processing power. Now, being a gamer I wanted my laptop to be able to process high frame rate at the same time. I read something about a driver that would allow customization of the FSAA. If I could reduce it from 16x to 2x or off it would enable me to use the graphic card for both design and play. Can anyone direct me to a link of the driver? Also, any installation tips as I am new to this and want to make sure I have the necessary materials to make my laptop work before I actually buy it.

Every driver with working Nvidia Control Panel allow you to control and tweak general settings or make individual settings for every program you want.

Every driver with working Nvidia Control Panel allow you to control and tweak general settings or make individual settings for every program you want.

Ok so for example, what set ups would you say are recommended for excellent game play on a Quadro FX? It would be great if you could answer it since I see you are using one on your current set up. From what I know Antialiasing has to be turned on, is there anything directed for the FSAA on the Nvidia Control Panel?. Anything else?

It depends if you want nicer gfx or more fps, antialiasing is quite heavy at least on such limited performance card as Quadro FX 1600M with 128bit bus - 8x AA drops fps easily 60% or more. On newish games I must totally forget it or use a medium - smallish resolution. Another story with 3700 - it has multiple power and you can adjust the settings in Control Panel/3D Settings/Manage 3D Settings/Antialiasing Mode and see the effect. You can save the individual settings into Program Settings then.