LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GTA IV and MacBook Pro Aliminium

Guest Can Tasci

Guest Can Tasci

With 180.84 laptopvideo2go drivers and 8600m gt 256mb grapics card, i have too much problems. i'm using windows xp sp3, directx files are setted up, net framework and other stuff are installed. but this game must be a really hard for this gpu. coz' i cannot playing this game in medium or high details and any resolution except 800x600. another problem is, within 1 hours, i see blue screen. and i think this because my drivers; i have not overheating and another mechanical problems. this must be a software problem.

if anyone help me; this makes me very happy. sorry for bad english.

You can't change the resolution to more than low details and 800x600 because your card hasn't enough vram. You need minimum 512 mb to play with middle details, cause it's limited by Rockstar.

But you can trick out gta4 if you make a commandline.txt in the main-folder of gta and type in "-norestriction" or "-norestrictions".

If you start gta4 now, you can choose any resolution and details you want.

Damn, I know someone who has a new Macbook with the same graphics-card as you and he can run GTA IV smoothly at 1440x900.

I just don't get it!! I have the 512mb version of his graphics card and a better processor, but I don't have a Macbook, I can't believe that it would make a difference.. =/