LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia HMDI cant outuput 5.1 AUDIO?

sousa2005

hi.

I have a problem on my new laptop have a 9600M GT with HDMI.

When i connect the hdmi, and select the audio output HDMI, i have sound but only stereo. In the advanced proprieties of the hdmi audio, DTS and Dolby can not be play be windows vista.

someone know how to have 5.1 sound with hdmi?

if you are using some different drivers than your manufactur supplys. You have to install your manufacturer drivers

if you are using some different drivers than your manufactur supplys. You have to install your manufacturer drivers

yes, i haver manufactur drivers and still no 5.1 sound. I have a acer 6935 and a HP DV5 with the 9600gt and no 5.1 sound...

yes, i haver manufactur drivers and still no 5.1 sound. I have a acer 6935 and a HP DV5 with the 9600gt and no 5.1 sound...

I had the same issue with my 9700 M GT yesterday trying it on my new tv. I had to set the output on my computer (sound as well not just video) to HDMI, it didn't choose it automatically and my realtek drivers (that came with laptop) had their own setting for Digital Output and set it to DTS from standard 2ch Stereo. So maybe the third party software for your soundcard/speakers might have the solution for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the nvidia 9700M GT in an Acer 8930-6448 laptop and when I hook up the HDMI cable to my TV the only way to get sound to it is to choose the "NVIDIA hdmi output" which only has stereo option. I also would appreciate knowing how to get 5.1 sound output.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an LG R510 with nvida card and realtek audio when I connect to monitor via HDMI the sound only comes out of the laptop speakers, when I go to sound options and try to enable nvida hdmi output the option says not connected even though it is really.... any ideas on how to sort this one out?????

cheers, happy new year!!!

hi.

I have a problem on my new laptop have a 9600M GT with HDMI.

When i connect the hdmi, and select the audio output HDMI, i have sound but only stereo. In the advanced proprieties of the hdmi audio, DTS and Dolby can not be play be windows vista.

someone know how to have 5.1 sound with hdmi?

do this before connecting to HDMI device

Right click on the windows speaker icon in the systray, not the sound card's icon if presant, then click playback devices. select NVIDIA HDMI OUTPUT then click the properties button. then click the supported formats tab, in that tab make sure DTS Audio and dolby digital are selected. and also make sure the tv or reciver you are connecting to supports those features.