LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvidia 8600m GT vs 180.84

Guest zapata

Running XP 32-Bit on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. 180.70 worked fine even with GTA IV. Installed 180.84, restart ok but every time a programm tries to access directx / opengl mode computer freezes. When I tried to tried to change drivers with ->Properties ->Advanced =freeze

Running XP 32-Bit on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. 180.70 worked fine even with GTA IV. Installed 180.84, restart ok but every time a programm tries to access directx / opengl mode computer freezes. When I tried to tried to change drivers with ->Properties ->Advanced =freeze

I have the same GPU on my acer, i had the same issue and used DOX's modded 180.84. Now everything works flawlessy!

A good rule of thumb is that Dox's optimised driver will out-perform the official release and usually fixes a few bugs as well.

yeah Dox has done well there. also liking his self extracting installer. very easy for the noobies out there.

although i still feel 180.70 is a better driver.

(but in saying that i dont like any 180 drivers... )

hey, Guest_zapata_* , how did you install 180.70 on XP via Bootcamp? I have MBP 15, Early 2008, and the latest bootcamp driver is 163. I was trying to install 178 and 180.84 but after restart there's blue screen of death. Do 180.70 installs correctly? I just don't have any opportunity to download them now to try. Tell me please 'bout that

hey, Guest_zapata_* , how did you install 180.70 on XP via Bootcamp? I have MBP 15, Early 2008, and the latest bootcamp driver is 163. I was trying to install 178 and 180.84 but after restart there's blue screen of death. Do 180.70 installs correctly? I just don't have any opportunity to download them now to try. Tell me please 'bout that

Now this is nice. I was going to post the exact same thread

I also have a MBP 15 of early 2008 with the geforce 8600m gt 128mb

I can run GTAIV, but sometimes with low fps.

So I was wondering, since I haven't updated the drivers and am still running with the drivers from bootcamp, does the performance gain will be noticeable with the new drivers?

yes there will be a gain that you can see with newer drivers.

Read the FAQ for installation instructions.. in particular the mmodified inf files.

yes there will be a gain that you can see with newer drivers.

Read the FAQ for installation instructions.. in particular the mmodified inf files.

This is unbelievable, I've gained 5-10fps. Never thought a new driver would give such an improvement

Thanks a lot!

Special thanks to DOX