LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Ultra low latency - DDR3

wook

Kingston has announced the HyperX DDR3 SO-DIMM ultra-low latency memory at 1066MHz, designed for use in high-performance and gaming laptops.

DDR3.jpg

- Operates at latencies of CL5-5-5-15

- Built with new metal heatspreaders.

The available 4GB (2×2GB) memory kit, the KHX8500S3ULK2/4G, has a suggested retail price of $228. USD

yeah have been doing a search about up and comming platforms and FSB/ DDR speeds. 2009 should bring up really good laptop speeds. will wait until then to get a new laptop.

Calpella platform with DDR3 1330mhz & 1600mhz getting real good!

SEXAY! Now i can buy those and see bigger improvements in my Qosmio sense it already uses PC3-8500 DDR3 1066MHz SDRAM.

Edited by Squall_Rinoa89

Everything does seem to be a big step up, including the price! But it is going to afford for some blazing fast laptop systems.

But at the moment IS DDR3 really giving that much of a difference in performance over high end DDR2?

Guest emike09
But at the moment IS DDR3 really giving that much of a difference in performance over high end DDR2?

With latencies like these, yes. I big difference. But you'll only see a difference in memory intensive applications.

until i saw this news i would have though no as well. The prototype DDR3 was pretty much the same as DDR2. in fact in some cases ddr2 was faster. But this is great news!

SO SICK!!!! does anyone know a release date?