LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v181.00 Windows Vista 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

gostyuk: maybe it is 64MB Dedicated, 256MB Turbo Cache? If it report 64Mb before it is a bug maybe

yes its 64 MB dedicated 256 MB turbocache.but as you can see is shows i have 767 MB shared :) .nice too know i have such a good card :P )...anyway better then before.And i did not detect any other problems except this one...and i am not sure but with version 180.XX it was the same :)

nVIDIA 9700M GT. Running fine after reboot. Advanced Timing page enabled. GPU-Z reports everything is running correctly. Unlike 184.10, actually shows my Bus Interface and Link Interface at x16 and x16 instead of x16 and x1. Big thanks for this driver.

So far so good running Vista x64 w/ 9800M GS. Will post again if I find any issues...

Glad I found this place, ASUS hasn't updated their drivers since the 5th November :)

And even then those drivers are terribly dated.

yes its 64 MB dedicated 256 MB turbocache.but as you can see is shows i have 767 MB shared :) .nice too know i have such a good card :) )

shared memory it is not card ability i think Vista reserve, manage & allocate memory available to video & system thru DX10 for textures to keep or prevent from loss of performance

"Shared System Video Memory: the portion of available system ram that the graphics system can borrow IF / WHEN it is available."

Just to let everyone know - there are the FIRST driver for my Qosmio G40-11D @ Vista64 which let me use:

- Badaboom with AVCHD (Hooray!)

- Purevideo HD with most x264 4.1 and 5.1 profile movies (Hooray!!)

- FINALLY I can enable 59 and 60Hz on my HDMI Tv Out *

* - With ALL the previous drivers - including Toshiba's ones - I only seen 23-30 Hz as possible choices. Obviously the image quality was crap. Now I have smooth 60Hz, but in a box which takes around 10% of the screen. I checked my TV menu and it says that the video signal is 1920x1080@60Hz, so I suppose this black frame is a part of what's being sent by my notebook. This issue is not closed for me, then, but at least I can see a ray of light in the distance **

** - When I select 23-24Hz the black frame is gone and I have perfect 1:1 scaling. But in 23Hz...

Happy new year everyone!

OUCH! It seems like there's no HDCP in those drivers?

Edited by tompken

bad driver for my 8600M GT. IT run very slow. i think 18x.xxx not for 8600M GT.