LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Docking station DVI monitor + Quadro FX CUDA?

Zoide777

I have an HP Compaq 8510w that has a Quadro FX 570M video card. I need a CUDA driver in order to run the optimized version of SETI@Home. Unfortunately, the latest official HP OEM driver is 176.56, which does not support CUDA.

I've tried downloading the CUDA drivers from the official NVIDIA page as well as from this forum (both the 18x and 17x series, including the Dox-optimized drivers). Almost all of them install successfully and I can get SETI@Home to run with CUDA, but no matter which driver I use the monitor attached to my docking station's DVI port is not recognized. If I go to the NVIDIA control panel and go to "Set up multiple displays", it acts as if the second monitor did not exist.

I ran a search and saw that people's problems had gone away with some 17x versions (example), but those were previous to CUDA support.

Does anyone know of a CUDA driver that fixes this issue?

Thanks.

Edited by Zoide777

Bad equation as the only later released driver to work with HDMI (which I have found) is 176.92 which is quite similar as 176.68.

Bad equation as the only later released driver to work with HDMI (which I have found) is 176.92 which is quite similar as 176.68.

I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't need HDMI output, what doesn't work is the DVI output of my docking station.

Has anyone found a CUDA-enabled driver for the Quadro FX 570M that works fully with the HP-Compaq docking station?

Thanks.

Edited by Zoide777

I thought the same issues were happening with both digital systems, DVI and HDMI.

I thought the same issues were happening with both digital systems, DVI and HDMI.

Oh, I didn't know that, sorry. You say that 176.92 supports HDMI/DVI. Is that version CUDA-enabled?