LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M Upgrade!

pierre26

Hi all i have a hp pavillion dv6000 series, AMD Turion 64X2 1.9 Ghz, 2G Ram memory. i try to install the drivers downloaded from these page i try the 169.09 and other. I folow step by step the instructions in the page and download the driver and the modded inf, i extract the drive in a carpet and replace the inf, when i open the carpet i use a setup and instal the driver,, i instal it without unistal my old funcional driver, whe instalation done i restart my laptop and the system load to xp loading logo and appear a blue screen with withe letters fast and say have ocurred a error and the system restart, i enter in safe mode and roll back my old driver , pls i need help with these... thks and sorry i dont speack english very well. :)

You have to uninstall the old driver first from the Add/Remove control panel. Then you have to run Driver Sweeper and click NVIDIA Display clean. Then after those steps you run the install. :)

Edited by Shaythong

thks for your fast answer, i see you have a similar laptop, you have to kow is dificult to found winxp drivers for these laptops, my laptop original has windows vista but i change to win xp sp2 a modified winxp (unatended edition bj) maybe you know it, well you say i have to unistal my video driver with "Driver Sweeper" its is a program yes? ok you think i have to uninstal the: ntune aplication? and all nvidia aplications? sorry i know a little bite of computers but i think i can do this well wath custom driver you use on your laptop? and thks man for help me.

Driver sweeper is a program you can get by googling it. You don't have to uninstall ntune or anything like that, just the driver. Although using driver sweeper wipes out ntune from your system as well.

Make sure you don't uninstall the nForce drivers. Only the NVIDIA display drivers, and you don't need nTune for now. I recommend trying out Dox's optimized 180.84 for XP 32bit on this forum. :)

Edited by Shaythong

ok i install the custom driver 177.98 and use cutom inf. well i install all, when i restart my computer the collors apear too strong hige colors, y use the nvidia configuration panel to change these colors and i do it but avery time i shut down the pc or restart appear with the ghige colors, have any idea to configure it? thks for yours time!

Don't use 177.98. This driver can cause a digital vibrance problem on some GPU. There are a few ways around this, but still the newer driver like 180.48 or 181.00 for example will work better. I recommend you give those a try. I just installed 181.00 and my game loads smoother. :)

thks Shay, i try to instal the other driver, you are rigth these driver have digital vivrance problem, but i read the lastet driver have problems idk , you recomend the lastet? ok i try with 181.00 i do the same process to uninstal it.

Yes, but some games might not work well, and some games might work better. People say they get artifacts and things with the new 180.xx drivers, not sure about 181.xx though. If you get artifacts you should use 179.28 for now, since its looking good. I recommend those, only if you don't have problems with the 181.xx. :)

thks for all the help i instal the driver 181.00 and work fine, well i dont see mush changes but let me test a little bite more... last question, can i instal ntunes and work fine with these drivers?

thks for all the help i instal the driver 181.00 and work fine, well i dont see mush changes but let me test a little bite more... last question, can i instal ntunes and work fine with these drivers?

Why not use the NVIDIA System Tools (based on nTune, but newer)? It would work, are you going to overclock with those? I find that the motherboard overclock is very stable at 238 MHz FSB, and GPU Core at 530 (no artifacts). :)

Edited by Shaythong

You achieve 530 without artifacts, that's pretty good. I get around 520 on my 7000m before artifacts are introduced.

Guest Dreyius

Hello, im installing WindowsXP at this moment on my Hp Pavilion dv6620es (Spanish Edition).

I think we own the same portable

Im having some problems with drivers. If you could link me some drivers, because windows dont find me nothing...and im searching tons of drivers but im going crazy.

I already installed Drivers, but cant install nforce..

If you prefer to send me an email, my mail is DreyiusDark@gmail.com

Thanks you very much and sorry about my english, is a little poor.

Merry Christmas to all!!