juri

Hey,

I have a vostro 1310

core 2 duo @ 2ghz

2 gb ram

8400m gs

XP pro 32bit

I'm using Doc's custom drivers 180.70

The problem is, when I've played a game for some time (10-30 min, on occasion 60 min), the system slows down awfully.

And the thing is, they run fine at first. I'm not playing new and very demanding games either - Stalker and Kings Bounty are the only

newer games, others are - SW:Kotor, Anachronox, Mafia, Fahrenheit, Psychonauts.

Hope someone can help :)

Thx

Edited by juri

Put RivaTuner on the background with monitoring on to check the temperatures during gaming.

indeed, installed rivaturner and after some time playing both cpu's reach a temp. of 82-85

what can I do to prevent/fix this ? (I'm not really comfortable with opening my laptop up but do you think that dust is the only problem)

Edited by juri

Those temperatures, while not optimal, should still not cause the GPU to downclock. I would recommend using some compressed air and possibly a notebook cooler pad.

i would suggest cleaning the notebook from dust ... had the same prob with my old lappy MSI M677 crystal ... it was exactly the same . so i opened it and there were loads of dust inside it ...

Thx , Pistino01

well, dust wasn't the case. in fact I've never had a computer so clean from the inside before :)