LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problem with gta4 on asus g2s(any suggestion?)

bluewolf

:)

I got asus g2s laptop with sp1 vista 32 bit,8600m gt 256 mb,3gb ram,core2duo t7500 2.2ghz. driver181.00 and all needed tecnical updates . not released by game producters.

The gta 4 lets me play only800x600 resolution with low detail.

there is a notice says that your graphic memory is near to 276mb.which means insufficent.

But my video card has 256mb ddr3 ram and also can be shared with systm memory 1500mb.

is there any way to let gta4 to use also systm memory.

or is that natural with my goddamned g2s which is price was 2400$ in turkey. :)

:)

I got asus g2s laptop with sp1 vista 32 bit,8600m gt 256 mb,3gb ram,core2duo t7500 2.2ghz. driver181.00 and all needed tecnical updates . not released by game producters.

The gta 4 lets me play only800x600 resolution with low detail.

there is a notice says that your graphic memory is near to 276mb.which means insufficent.

But my video card has 256mb ddr3 ram and also can be shared with systm memory 1500mb.

is there any way to let gta4 to use also systm memory.

or is that natural with my goddamned g2s which is price was 2400$ in turkey. :)

Hey,

To remove these limitations, create a file named commandline.txt in the GTA IV directory (usually C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV).

Edit the file and add these lines:

-norestrictions -nomemrestrict

Also if you seem to have a lot of texture problems, missing objects etc in the game, delete the files in this directory:

C:\Users\[Your username]\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings

You might need to tell Windows Explorer to display hidden and/or system files (don't remember)

Cheers.