LaptopVideo2Go Forums

anyone have a toshiba multimedia center gigastore?

Guest david

Look on their website perhaps? :-)

Under Options -> Drive Devices -> HDD & HDD Adapters -> Gigastore:

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/inn....jsp?service=UK

well thanks for taking the time to look that up for me but as with most logical and non-retarded people the manufacturer's website was the first place i looked.

there are no drivers for the gigastore on the toshiba site and (i'll put my neck out but i'm 99.9% certain of this) that there are no drivers on the entire internet.

i know my drive worked with my last laptop running xp with the original disk - i didnt attached much importance to the piece of plastic as these things can usually be downloaded.

obviously not.

if anyone has the original install cd i'd be eternally grateful for the contents...

Push Button Manager v1.38.1 XP

"With this Software, it is possible to use the Button on your Gigastore HDD to make a Backup of your Disk. In additional to this, you can use this software to protect your Gigastore HDD with a password."

http://81.27.174.53/tedd-files2/0/btmngr-20071123131631.zip

That is a driver for the Gigastore, where I said it was.

If that isn't what you want, you should say what you are after.

Push Button Manager v1.38.1 XP

"With this Software, it is possible to use the Button on your Gigastore HDD to make a Backup of your Disk. In additional to this, you can use this software to protect your Gigastore HDD with a password."

http://81.27.174.53/tedd-files2/0/btmngr-20071123131631.zip

That is a driver for the Gigastore, where I said it was.

If that isn't what you want, you should say what you are after.

yeah that's not the driver

Well it is A driver for it.

If you don't help us, we can't help you.

Clearly "there are no drivers for the gigastore on the toshiba site and (i'll put my neck out but i'm 99.9% certain of this) that there are no drivers on the entire internet." is a false statement.

An external hard drive shouldn't need an extra driver, and if it is for a different function with it, you should have guessed by now if you are "logical and non-retarded", that like I said already, you need to SAY WHAT IT IS YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR.

Good luck.

Guest Galdere is bent
Well it is A driver for it.

If you don't help us, we can't help you.

Clearly "there are no drivers for the gigastore on the toshiba site and (i'll put my neck out but i'm 99.9% certain of this) that there are no drivers on the entire internet." is a false statement.

An external hard drive shouldn't need an extra driver, and if it is for a different function with it, you should have guessed by now if you are "logical and non-retarded", that like I said already, you need to SAY WHAT IT IS YOU ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR.

Good luck.

look: if you don't have the disk - like i asked - then kindly don't reply. :)

and if it is a false statement then where are the drivers? there are plenty of people i've found on other forums with the same problem.

the push button manager is a piece of software that backs up your drive etc, it is not a driver.

And yes i do admit that it is unusual for an external hdd to require a driver...

but it does.

If you don't specify what you are asking for, then please don't waste people's time.

It is called a driver by toshiba because it enables a hardware function (a button) etc.

Therefore you are confusing matters by not saying which gigastore driver you want.

I think you need to figure out precisely what it is you need, and if that relates to why it isn't redistributed.

Do you know how to use yours?

Know how to try and access a drive that isn't showing up?

Maybe how to use the Toshiba support forums and see for yourself what I'm saying?

It's not a driver you are missing...

Oh and yes I have several USB hard drives. That's all it is you are failing to use.

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. Downloading the pushbutton software makes no difference as it cant see the Gigastore either. The USB software detects the hard driive with the chracteristic "gong" sound but thats it. It did used to work fine but just stopped. It works fine plugged into other Windows XP Pc's. Seems like there must be some sort of driver issue