LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP DV9000 card replacement help

BarryT

I have a hp dv9000 with a geforce 7600 go. The nvlddmkm.sys drive keeps timing out and doesnt recover. A reinstall of windows and several different driver version hasnt fixed it. The file version is correct and current. Some times the computer wont even boot and there are lines are up and down the screen. I am pretty sure the graphics card is fried. What are my replacement options? What will fit this laptop? Anything? I have looked for a 7600 and cant find one. Please send me in the right directions.

-barry

Just read that it is part of the motherboard... guess i have to do the whole main board

Barry, Your laptop might be coverd by an extended warranty from HP dealing with this defective video chip. Check your Drivers Download page at HP for a link asking if your laptop is eligible for a free repair. Had no luck in getting mine repaired, but it's worth a shot.