LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best nVIDIA driver for notebook, and / or your iMac! Pt II

mobilenvidia

Part II of this most excellent article has just been finished I am told by CQSTELUSH

Hello boys and girls!

Our second part of the test, the one including the brand new series, 185 (with 185.20), is done. So, for any of you Windows VISTA SP1 x86 fanatics (joking tongue.gif), here it is

For the ones who didn't red the all article... check page one of it, it is still there, waiting for you.

Yours truly...

CQ

I tried the driver on my Nexoc Osiris 703 III (7950 GTX)

The result was:

only 4 colors and the driver didn´t work with my Geforce

I´m still searching or a laptop driver to play GTA IV wothout problems

Well 185.20 seems to be a holy driver for the few 8800M GTS owners but when it comes to a more popular card like 9600M GT they totally suck....

Strange... for my 8600M GT it seems to be one of the best if not the best drivers :) Performance is fabulous!

work on XP ?

Why don't you look in the forum?

Yes, they work on XP. But with the proper version, the XP one, you know. :)

Guest Ahm3dS

ok, i installed the driver but after the install finish it tell me : Nothing Changed

then i found no driver installed :)

i tryed with ur modded inf file but it make my games crash after sometime of gameplay.....

GTA4 depends too much on the CPU for a test like this.

Is nice to see more real game tests than synthetic benchmarks though.

Thanks for part two CQSTELUSH.

I look forward to Dox's optimized version. :)

Dox driver or bust.

@CQSTELUSH: Thanks for your time and work! Currently waiting for the Vista x64 benchmarks. :)

Edited by Shaythong

Driver is horrible for my GTX 260. Driver constantly resets it self, and downclocks. Back to the 180.84 for me. Had to send the laptop in for repair, so I can't say how it works with the 8800M GTS.

Hi :rofl: ,i ve downloaded the 185.20 driver after the 180.70,and for me this new from laptopVideo2Go run great (apologize for my bad english,but i'm sure u are able to undertsand :) ...)

Well,today i've make some change on my Dell XPS M1730 with 2x 8800M GTX in SLI,This morning i've installed the official package by nvidia WCQL..But all my games runs slow with a lot of freezing screen etc.. so after that i try the 181 from DOX because yersteday i can't make the instal ,my xps run with vista sp1 & don't like this 181.00.. :P ,i don't know why i've have the modded inf ..the afternoon i reinstall the LaptopVideo2Go Driver 185.20 it seems runs really better than other today :P

Well i'm not a geek,just a guy who like to make some experiment on is xps 1730 notebook, the GPU temp with the 185.20 & 181.00 are the same,my cpu Xtrem9000 are also the same

Thanks to LaptopVideo2Go for give to us all her works & for FREE :)

giddy

Nice,France

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.

where can i download it? my polish or romanian whatever isn't the best...

thx a lot

www.co2-solid.ro

There is also an english version. :)

Edited by CQSTELUSH