LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 6930G

HaRDeStWaY

First of all, hi to everyone as this is my first post on this forum.

Now on the question. I wanted to ask if someone could say how to get most out of this notebook. Is it possible to overclock video card or cpu? Or anything of that matter, to make it "stronger".

I will now try 185.20 drivers for video card.

So, once again, I ask you for some info to make my aspire go beyond. :)

A little info (if you need it):

Intel Core 2 Duo T5800

9600m GS TurboCache

The Acer is a problem with overclocking graphics card, you must change the BIOS from what I remember , to forget overclock processor because it practically impossible and in particular in ACER because it is very locked in the BIOS !!!

nothing is impossible, I overclocked my 8600m gt back then when I had 5920, just need the right driver. CPU overclocking can be done using a BIOS mod, there is a phoenix bios editor somewhere online too.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrchips
nothing is impossible, I overclocked my 8600m gt back then when I had 5920, just need the right driver. CPU overclocking can be done using a BIOS mod, there is a phoenix bios editor somewhere online too.

Hi, would you have any links or more info on this modded bios?

Thank you very much!

• 2 weeks later...

I think cpu o.c. is impossible on Acer 5920, would you like to share with us if you find any solution? I've searched everywhere bur no luck with the ıcs or any other fsb o.c. options under vista and if there is a mode is it possible to support 800mhz ddr2 ram?

• 2 weeks later...

I think that guy speaks no truth, if i was possible other people would have done it by now. And guess what ---> no info on google at all, hell you can't even BSEL mod those chipsets.