LaptopVideo2Go Forums

185.20 installation issue

Ivresse

Hi, 9500m GS

I'm using Vista 64 bits and a 9700m GT graphic card with the modded driver 180.84 and it works great. However, trying to improve performance on newer games, I downloaded, modded the inf, then installed the 185.20, everything seems to work just fine, but I checked the Driver version in the Nvidia Control panel and it is still runnig the "old" 180.84.

I have a friend with Vista32 and a 9500m GS, and he has exactly the same problem.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue ?

Edited by Ivresse

Ok, the problem might be that Vista might not have installed the driver correctly. So I would reinstall that driver again and make sure you have the right version.

Use driver sweeper to remove the 180.84 drivers, otherwise you will get fragments of drivers floating around on your system.

Best to check the modded inf first, if there's the right version written in it. Then check with RivaTuner, what it says about the versions.

Tried to reinstall it again, did not work.

Tried with desinstallation (and a run of driver sweeper also) and install of 185,20, it seems to have failed to copy files since I get 2 Start-up errors "File not found", and have no access to Nvidia Control panel - looks like the driver didn't install any file on my system.

I got back to 180.84 until I find a solution :)

(Besides, I checked the INF file, it's displaying the right version and does not seem to contain any error)

Edited by Ivresse

bump ;P

i got the same issue with my gfx

had it before with some dox modded drivers and now with 185.20. i never found a solution.

the instalation begins the progress bar reaches end, it says ''success'' bo no driver was installed i dont know why it could be like this. if any1 knows a solutions please help ;P

I don't know what the problem could be, it might be the INF.

I tried manually modifying the inf, I tried using Mobility Modder, I tried the Inf from this site, none changes the issue :)

You could try with the original inf and have disk method - that's what I used.