LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v181.20 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest Crusoe
Please help me. I can't install driver 181.20 on my geforce AGP 7800 GS Bliss. Probably problem is with .inf file. Driver 185.20 and 181.00 with modded inf installed properly. Driver 181.20 don't install above original like and modded inf. PLS tell me how i can change inf that driver install. On RivaTuner my graphic card is identyfing like (292) - 7900GS, may be this is a problem.

odja

Have you try this yet? -> Klick me

(Hast du das schon probiert? -> Klick mich

Please help me. I can't install driver 181.20 on my geforce AGP 7800 GS Bliss. Probably problem is with .inf file. Driver 185.20 and 181.00 with modded inf installed properly. Driver 181.20 don't install above original like and modded inf. PLS tell me how i can change inf that driver install. On RivaTuner my graphic card is identyfing like (292) - 7900GS, may be this is a problem.

odja

download the 181.20 from Nvidia official website and use the modded INF here... It will work :)

I try install that moded inf from there site and driver don't install.

no no, u did not understand !!

Download from Nvidia official website the driver 181.20 and install this one... Just replace before the original INF with the modded INF that u can download here at page 1 of this topic..

odja

You're using a modded INF with your desktop? Don't you know what this site is and what the modding is for?

Don't waste people's time please. Get a clue what you're doing.

Actually, that modded inf should work just fine as the modded inf supports both desktop and laptop gpu's. However, the card is also supported in the original inf, therefore making the modded inf unnecessary.

i cant install this driver . at the end of the installation it only shows that the system was not modified . and yes i already tryed to use the modded inf with the original driver from Nvidia... any thoughts ??

Thx , Pistino01

i cant install this driver . at the end of the installation it only shows that the system was not modified . and yes i already tryed to use the modded inf with the original driver from Nvidia... any thoughts ??

Thx , Pistino01

What kind of error shows windows, if you try to install the driver with the "device manager"? When I try this, with the driver from this page the device manager write "file missing".

BTW.: Why must I register to post answers? When I am a guest I have to type creepy captchas and then I get a message like "must be verifyed be moderator" and such c**p

Then the post won't be published. But posts like "dont work with my 9650m gt with the modded inf. waiting for the proper inf..." will be... (Sorry, nothing personally) Really helpful -.-*

Is it why I post in two languages? Maybe not all people understand english very well (e.g. like me)?!

(Welche Art von Fehler zeigt Windows dann, wenn du versuchst den Treiber mit dem Geräte Manager zu installieren? Wenn ich das mit dem Treiber von dieser Seite versuche, dann schreibt der Gerätemanager "Datei fehlt".

Nebenbei: Warum muss ich mich registrieren wenn ich eine Antwort schreiben will? Wenn ich ein Gast bin, dann muss ich gruselige captchas eintippen und bekomme dann Nachrichten wie "muss durch einen Moderator geprüft werden" und solchen Unsinn.

Dann wird der Beitrag nicht mal veröffentlicht. Aber Beiträge wie "funktioniert nicht bei meiner 9650M GT mit der gemoddeten INF. warte auf die passende INF..." werden es... (Entschuldigung, nichts persönliches) Wirklich hilfreich -.-*

Liegt es daran, weil ich in zwei Sprachen schreibe? Vielleicht verstehen ja nicht alle Leute so gut Englisch (z.B. wie ich)?!

i seem to be having the same problem, using modified inf, install says system has not been modified at the end. any clue why? (tried several times)
I got the exact same problem on the 64-bit drivers.

Thx , Pistino01

FOR ALL THE PEOPLES WHO HAVE ERROR LIKE "system has not been modified" IN THE END OF INSTALLATION, KEEP IN MIND THESE 2 THINGS:

http://www.driverheaven.net/nvmodtool.php

1 ) Why u wating for someone who will add some lines into inf? try this first!) This is tool that doing the same thing as guys here - adding support of Mobile geforces to desktop driver.

2 ) if u have problems with driver installation like "the installation didnt changed anything in your system and blah blah blah" just remove file PhysX_*****_SystemSoftware from folder where driver was unpaked - i noticed that if u already have physx installed SILENT physx driver installation just may hang\freeze in process list and that the reason why many peoples cannot sucessfully install Nvidia drivers and recieving "system has not been modified" message in the end

- remove physx installer from driver insaller`s folder and everything will be ok (u can install it later manualy anyway)

Also here the working modded inf for 181.20 for all the lazy guys (but im nor sure if it work for all the cards, and u have to add many custom display resolutions in control panel, but at least i can sucessfully use sleep mode on my HP pavilon, when all the Modded infs from these threads always giving me just black screen and freeze after waking up laptop from sleep mode) ))

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....st&p=103757

Edited by Voodooman

I have done this (remove physX) an the same problem happened again... i have even uinstalled physx, and nothing. as for the modding thing i dont quite get the point cuz the modded inf say it supports my GPU .

Tried the above procedure but I still get the "system has not been modified" message.

Removing physX didn't help.

is it alright to use a modified inf from other forceware ?? i mean wont it mess up the installation??

It will, if the drivers are built differently.

No waking from sleep on my MSI GX700 with this driver... as always, going back to Dox's 178.24.

No waking from sleep on my MSI GX700 with this driver... as always, going back to Dox's 178.24.

I have the same problem. But when I wait a minute (the keyboard is frozen for that time) I'll get a bluescrren with the NVIDIA Driver.

(Ich habe das gleiche Problem. Aber wenn ich eine Minute warte (die Tastatur hängt solange), bekomme ich einen Bluescreen mit dem NVIDIA Treiber.)

Yeah and, 10039 narks with 3dmark03, 186.20 did 11000+

huh?

185.20 drivers are better? Than i'll stay with 185.20

Wish more people could post 3dmarks on what one does better.

• 3 weeks later...

This driver crashes when waking up from sleep mode or hibernation mode. Glad i wasn't the only one. Get another driver instead since problems have been reported (like the ones above). It didn't crash during fallout 3 though, for me.