LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hot temps...are they safe?

Guest mhd

hi, thx for reading my post, i recently overclocked my 8600m gs, and while playing cod4 for about an hour and a half, my temps are just below 90 for my gpu e.g 88/87 degress celcius.is this normal??

also my cpu, t7300 reaches 80 degrees is this normal aswell?

pls answer my question and let me know if these temps are too high and dangerous and can damage my card or make the life expectancy of it short...

mhd

Your cpu is a little hot (should be 70C for the most under load.) Your GPU is fine though, it isn't really that hot even though it is a little above the 85C mark.

damn is really strange how u guys get so high temp... my CPU temp get max 55° after hours of games like COD4 /gothic 3... while my GPU temp hit 69° only after 2 hour of 3dmark06 =)

for me is better if u downclock a bit your GPU, maybe do also a computer clear, check the fan and bla bla

Edited by ivan86

Guest Lisianthus
damn is really strange how u guys get so high temp... my CPU temp get max 55° after hours of games like COD4 /gothic 3... while my GPU temp hit 69° only after 2 hour of 3dmark06 =)

for me is better if u downclock a bit your GPU, maybe do also a computer clear, check the fan and bla bla

I agree I don't get how people get so high temps. When I have my fans forced to full I haven't got more than 45-50 degrees on both GPU and CPU even when playing for hours.

Though I have build my own "raiser" that raises the laptop about 7 CM about the table. just that lowered the temps on my computer with 15-20 degrees. Try to lift your laptop with a book or something to make the air intake a decimeter above the surface.

hi, thx for reading my post, i recently overclocked my 8600m gs, and while playing cod4 for about an hour and a half, my temps are just below 90 for my gpu e.g 88/87 degress celcius.is this normal??

also my cpu, t7300 reaches 80 degrees is this normal aswell?

pls answer my question and let me know if these temps are too high and dangerous and can damage my card or make the life expectancy of it short...

mhd

:) but your're better than me, I'm not overclocked my 8600m gt, while playing cod4 for about an hour my temps ever reach 101 degree C n CPU getting 94 degree C. I dunno why :) i've already used cooler master but it help a little ,perhaps it's from my ambient temp thats realy hot (29 degree)

but i'm not bothered that, i still go playing until several hours :P :P

I have Acer 5920G T7500 2,2Ghz n 8600M GT

the 8600's are know to run too hot, hence the problems that many laptops with this card experience. also i notice between my last few laptops that fan placement/ventilation design play a large part. just my 2 cents.

Agreed. I also have 5920G.

Both the CPU and the GPU has a max temp at 91C when full load (playing the game for couple of hours). Then I try to get cooler (Notepal Infinite) and the temp decrease about 5-7C. This notebook is a heat lover, as the 5920G really has a very poor ventilation. If your warranty already over, you can try to remove the bottom case (that cover RAM etc) and put a cooler under it. Believe me that will reduce the temp more drastically, since a friend of mine already try that. lol.