LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for nvidia GTX7950 go on Dell XPS M1710

Guest Locksley

Guest Locksley

Greetings.

I've been using so far the official Nvidia release of drivers for my Dell XPS M1710 with 7950 GTX Go, (driver version 175.32).

It has been a while since that last driver update though, and seems neither Dell nor NVidia are willing to keep the support for the 'old' 7xxx series.

I'm looking for an updated driver, and the DOX optimized drivers seems promising. Nevertheless, I'm a bit worried about clock speeds and overheating issues. My lappy already 'fried' one nVidia card due to overheat, and that is with official drivers. Now the laptop goes as high as 75ºC under heavy load, and it already seems pretty much to me. I'm not sure if installing the DOX release will change the clock speeds of the card, and/or if it could harm the card in any way.

Any reader here with a Dell XPS M1710 can share his/her experiences with modded drivers?

Thank you. Regards

Locks

Greetings.

I've been using so far the official Nvidia release of drivers for my Dell XPS M1710 with 7950 GTX Go, (driver version 175.32).

It has been a while since that last driver update though, and seems neither Dell nor NVidia are willing to keep the support for the 'old' 7xxx series.

I'm looking for an updated driver, and the DOX optimized drivers seems promising. Nevertheless, I'm a bit worried about clock speeds and overheating issues. My lappy already 'fried' one nVidia card due to overheat, and that is with official drivers. Now the laptop goes as high as 75ºC under heavy load, and it already seems pretty much to me. I'm not sure if installing the DOX release will change the clock speeds of the card, and/or if it could harm the card in any way.

Any reader here with a Dell XPS M1710 can share his/her experiences with modded drivers?

Thank you. Regards

Locks

I have modded my Inspiron 9400 and I now have an 7900GTX in it which pretty much makes it an XPS M1710. My old 7900GS fried while using Dell drivers so I decided to switch to Dox's. I currently using the Dox's 178.24 with Powermizer enabled and I8fanGUI to keep the temperatures under control since Dell's BIOS management is crap. This configuration is the best I could ever imagine so do not hesitate to use Dox's modded drivers

. Now the laptop goes as high as 75ºC under heavy load, and it already seems pretty much to me.

75 C is pretty low as GPU temperature under heavy 3D gaming - almost all laptops hover between 80 and 95 (which is too much).

• 2 months later...

I wish mine was running at 75 degrees c under load!!! That's kinda hard to believe.

Same, my 7900GTX ran up to 93 odd...