LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce Go 8700M GS Drivers

Martin S.

Hi.

I can locate no drivers here for the GeForce Go 8700M GS. Can I use GeForce Go 8700M GT drivers instead? Could anyone who has drivers installed for this card kindly indicate what, ITHO, is the latest and/or best driver to install.

This laptop (Dell XPS M1730) is used only for MS Flight Simulator 9/MS Flight Simulator X but I have had quite a lot of problems with drivers either not retaining the NVidia Control panel settings after a reboot, or drivers that reduce frame rates to virtually nothing. Also a number of drivers I've previously installed (including the new one on Dell's site) cause the laptop to spend half its time looking for the non-existent file NVCPLENU.dll - which has a pretty catastrophic effect, with constant "Out of Memory" crashes. (I have to disable the NVidia Display Driver Service to prevent this, though that is probably not ideal. Anyone know why a good number of drivers cause the PC to search for non-existent dll files?)

Many thanks,

Martin

Oh, I was not quite right here - my system specs show 2 x GeForce Go 8700M GS cards (SLI) but Device Manager has them as GeForce Go 8700M GT. So part of my question is redundant. But recommendations, given my other comments would still be very welcome. I've reinstalled 169-28 for now, which work OK if I diable the NVidia service as described.

M.

Thank you! (Why didn't several searches lead me to the same page?!).

Martin