LaptopVideo2Go Forums

"Crank Up" GTA IV

Santiago.AM1

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with a 8600m GT card, 4GB of RAM and a C2D T9300 processor at 2,5Ghz.

I've been playing a little GTA IV, but i'm forced to play it at the lowest res, with settings mostly on "low". Maybe I'm wrong (which is why im posting) but shouldnt my new lappie be able to play this game at a little higher quality?

When I try to change graphics options they seem locked. Is this for my best interest because if I upped the settings my laptop would melt? Or can I somehow work around this to try and get a little better quality graphics?

Thank you for your time.

Some people have posted here about using an 9/8600M with GTA4 and what works best for them.

They get more out of it than you are, but GTA4 is very demanding.

I have posted about the command line options to unlock those settings. Use the search function to find these and related posts here.

For lots of advice specific to GTA4 it's also worth heading over to gta4.net and look in their forums.

Some people have posted here about using an 9/8600M with GTA4 and what works best for them.

They get more out of it than you are, but GTA4 is very demanding.

I have posted about the command line options to unlock those settings. Use the search function to find these and related posts here.

For lots of advice specific to GTA4 it's also worth heading over to gta4.net and look in their forums.

i found that the latest forceware 185.20 gave me a big performance boost for GTA, I'm running the norestrictions

i found that the latest forceware 185.20 gave me a big performance boost for GTA, I'm running the norestrictions

Whats that?