Ryanf

* Laptop Make/Model

Acer Aspire 5520-5334

* Graphics Card -- Device ID (DEV_ID) if known

GEforce 7000m / nforce 610m

* Current working Driver Version

none - windows default

* Last Useable Driver Version

a driver called 03.VGA_NVIDIA_v6.14.11.145_XP32 that I got from a different site

* Operating System

XP pro, sp2, 32 bit

* An accurate description of the issue at hand

I am not looking for anything special like overclocking. Just a working video driver.

I installed tiny xp on this laptop, which shipped with Vista. After some searching, found the driver mentioned above, and it worked. Then, the system went to "standby", and would not return. After an "oh crap" restart, without proper shutdown, I got this error message:

The Currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver. Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an upgraded driver, or select one of the microsoft provided drivers.

I have tried drivers 156.83 and 177.41 from this site, with the modded INFs, and recieve the same error message. I chose these drivers because they had recieved good feedback from people who seemed to have similar laptops.

* attached NERD log

attached

My goal here is just a functioning laptop. Should I just keep trying different drivers until something works? Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Ryan

LaptopVideo2Go_LogFile.txt

by the way, I don´t recieve an error message when installing the drivers. All appears well. But after the restart, my display looks the same, and when I go to display properties-settings, I recieve the ...graphics display driver can not be used... error message.

Thanks!