LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Black screen problem Aspire 5520g

nachall

Hello,

I just recently received me new mxm video card 8600m gt and changed the original 8400m g.

when I started computer there was nothing except black screen. After while I installed original card, but the same problem came out. So now computer doesn't work at all. Maybe you have solution or ideas what went wrong.

Thanks for response.

Hello,

I just recently received me new mxm video card 8600m gt and changed the original 8400m g.

when I started computer there was nothing except black screen. After while I installed original card, but the same problem came out. So now computer doesn't work at all. Maybe you have solution or ideas what went wrong.

Thanks for response.

try to take the bios/mobo battery out for 30 minutes. if it doesn't help then i would think something is fried

try to take the bios/mobo battery out for 30 minutes. if it doesn't help then i would think something is fried

Does somebody knows where is the location of the battery? I am tired of searching.

ok somehow i raised my laptop from the dead with my old graphic card. should i try another shot with the new one. And I don't know where the problem was.

Guest warhamstr
ok somehow i raised my laptop from the dead with my old graphic card. should i try another shot with the new one. And I don't know where the problem was.

Where did you buy your new card?

• 3 weeks later...
should i try another shot with the new one. And I don't know where the problem was.

I think the problem was the vga BIOS not being compatible with your system bios, try a system bios update or get a card with a acer BIOS