LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hp dv5 1040et screen resolution (with 179.32_vista64 driver)

pulkas

I have got a hp dv5 1040et and i am not satisfied by its screen resolution.(1280x800 WXGA)

How can i change this resolution to an acceptable one?(eg. 1440x900) Is there any way?

its graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (512mb DDR2)

screen size: 15,4 inch WXGA

when i tried to change resolution to 1440x900 it says "custom mode test failed".

what is this?

Edited by pulkas

If you purchased your HP laptop with a display that has a native/max resolution of 1280x800, that's the highest you can go. You cannot increase your resolution to anything higher than that on the built-in display -- I've tried to before.

The only thing that you can possibly do is perhaps buy an external monitor that can support this resolution, and connect it to your notebook.

As the above poster states, you cannot go above the native resolution of your screen.

You have:

15.4? WXGA High-Definition AG Display with infinity BrightView (1280 x 800)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...product=3767338

Dostum ekran çözünürlüğü maalesef sabit , ama harici bir mönitöre bağlarsan daha yüksek çözünürlük alırsın . Zaten HP aldığım için çok pişmanım ,bize ddr2'li 9600m gt'leri kakaladılar ,200 tl fazla diye almadığım samsung'da hem ddr3 ekran kartı hem ddr3 ram vardı hem de daha parlak bir ekran . şimdi o ddr3 ekran kartı olanlar overclock yapıp vista'da 5.9 maksimum aero puanı alıyolar ,3Dmark 06'da 7000 puanı görüyorlar ,yazık bize :)

Edited by fasondan