LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gta 4 texture and memory problem

jonnysays420

Hi, I've just installed Gta 4 and I am having the same issue as many others with the missing textures... as well as the game not recognizing my second video card, there are only window textures and the taillights of my car... It seems to me that most people believe this is a driver issue and have gone on to use driver sweeper and then reinstall a newer or older driver and supposedly this fixes the problem. However, Toshiba has yet to update their display driver for my laptop, so I am wondering if there is a way to use a newer desktop driver with my laptop? and if so, can I do damage from doing such a thing?

Hi, I've just installed Gta 4 and I am having the same issue as many others with the missing textures... as well as the game not recognizing my second video card, there are only window textures and the taillights of my car... It seems to me that most people believe this is a driver issue and have gone on to use driver sweeper and then reinstall a newer or older driver and supposedly this fixes the problem. However, Toshiba has yet to update their display driver for my laptop, so I am wondering if there is a way to use a newer desktop driver with my laptop? and if so, can I do damage from doing such a thing?

You may try any driver, dont forget about modded .inf when you will try to install desktop drivers

Desktop drivers won't damage your lappy. Just use the modded inf. Try 179.28 and see if that fixes your problems. You don't need modded inf for this version.