LaptopVideo2Go Forums

amilo PI 1556 with Ati mobility hd3650 256Mb gddr3 -> to bios alienware?

Guest Guest

hi to all,

i have an amilo pi 1556 with 1.25 system bios, recently i have upgrade him with a new v card ati hd 3650 256mb gddr3, i know that the bios of amilo dont recognise more tha 2gb of ram... i know that there are some alienware that has the same bios code of amilo pi/xi like alienware m5550 .

I want to now which bios of alienware i have to put on my with the ati 3650 on, because I have thrown away the old nvidia go 7600, and i want to flash the bios wiyh the ati mounted on , is any problem with the flashing process to alienware bios????

i want to now , what is the best/stable or newer bios alienware that i can put to my amilo that can work perfectly with the hd3650 and give me possibilty to put on 4gb of ram, and work with any issue???

any suggestion with the correct procedure is welcome.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

to recognize more than 2Gb on your AMILO, you need the 2.07 Alienware bios, or the 1.19w. I test 2.07 and 1.19w and it's OK on an AMILO PI 1556.

It's OK with your HD3650, only nvidia 8600 with 512Mo have trouble with the 2.07 bios.

I search for a HD3650. Do you need to modify the cooler to perfectly cold your 3650 ?

Edited by greg_o