LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need Help With BEST LAPTOP DRIVER! DELL XPS M1530

Guest Ace

Dell XPS M1530 Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT (256 MB)

ForceWare Version: 176.44

Component Version: 7.15.11.7644

I want to know which driver specifically I should get to get the most out of gaming in my computer! I did a lot of research and I just cant seem to find out which drivers are laptop drivers and desktop drivers... I thought this website was just for laptop drivers but I saw somewhere that this is just for desktop drivers and I got confused and then I saw that 180.84 is the best driver and then i saw that this was just for desktop when i went there!

Also I just wanted to update my driver to the latest when (I went to the nvidia website) Nvidia told me to go to dell to update my driver! I did that and the latest one is 176.44! Then i see here that the latest ones are like 180 something and i want to try those and see if GTA 4 runs better with that!

SO PLEASE! SOMEONE HELP ME! I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHICH DRIVER I SHOULD INSTALL AND HOW? Now dont think I didnt try and look to do it my self. I did but now I am in doubt of myself and I dont want to install a driver which screws up my computer!

Sry I am double posting but I forgot to say that I have a:

Vista Home Premium x32

If that helps at all!

hi,

i am not a expert but i have same system as yours and i was running 179.xx (get it from Nvidia.com) but i am running now 185.xx beta drivers (Google it)...both were working just fine for me or get a utility called Driver updater.. it really helped me by automatically downloading the drivers and install for you as well :)

dmaxxx

dell xps 1530

4 gig ram

t -8300 processor

vista 32 bit

What games did you run and did you find any increase in framerates or you dont really pay attention to that?

because I want to find out the best driver for me and since I cant figure it out... i need help from some experts to figure it out! thats why i gave out all the specs for my laptop! and what i do with it most! (Gaming)

PS: i went to Nvidia.com and i found how to get the 179.28 driver but on that page it says that 179.28 is a beta? I thought 185.xx was a beta? Also i can seem to find the 185.xx drivers on google either!

I suggest you use the 179.28 or the 185.20 drivers,

The 179.28 one is an official beta for notebook, the 185.2 is an official beta for desktop :)

The 179.28 is best for good perfs and good functionality (powermizer is working on these)

The 185.20 is best for performance on newest games (like GTAIV), but lacks a good powermizer support (for me)

I suggest you use the 179.28 or the 185.20 drivers,

The 179.28 one is an official beta for notebook, the 185.2 is an official beta for desktop :)

The 179.28 is best for good perfs and good functionality (powermizer is working on these)

The 185.20 is best for performance on newest games (like GTAIV), but lacks a good powermizer support (for me)

on my M1530 i was getting great performance with 185.20, but i was also hitting high temps at one point it would get up to 98C and the GTA would slowdown alot, i am back on the 179.28 and it is a little slower but i dont over heat and no "slide-show" effect when its over heating

cool i will try the 179.28 from the offical nvidia website!

Because i think that 185.20, all that does is turn off powermizer which lets the GPU run at full speed and gets a lot of game performence but overheats! And i already got a switch to turn it off and on at my will (powermizer) so 179.28 will do for me

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

THIS FORUM IS AWESOME!

• 3 months later...
Guest Genna

I have a vostro 1500 w nvidia geoforce 8600M GT

I downloaded the 179.48_notebook_winvista_32bit_beta.exe driver for nvidia and it bumped my framerate up in GTA IV multiplayer benchmark by 9 FPS

happy I did.

DriversHQ detected that I didnt have it, and gave me the link for it.

Dox 185.85 works AWESOME with my 1530. 79c MAX. try the Dox series out, they are great for squeezing all the available power from your laptops gpu.