LaptopVideo2Go Forums

the drivers won't work with xp sp3

perkmonster

I've just removed windows vista on my iMac, and installed windows xp with the newest service pack 3 (32bit)

when I install the 185.20 driver, this message comes up in display properties: "the currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of windows"

the setting is automaticly set to lowest also..

I've tried other drivers from laptopvideo2go, but none of them works..

(the iMac has the nvidia geforce 880 gts 512mb)

any tips?

thanks

Edited by perkmonster

Try some older drivers (out of the 180.xx range) like 177.92 and see if it works. Hopefully this is a very temporary problem.

I tried the 180.48, and after it installed, the graphics turned into 4bit crap again.. but when I restarted the computer, It seems to work :) ( I also tried to restart several times with 185.20)

So I guess It's alright then. the only thing that seems strange now, is this.. you see the yellow square that is suppose to come up OVER the icons down by the right(check the printscreen picture-link beow)?

It doesen't come that high up.. don't know if this has something to do with the drivers? (I'm quite new with windows.. I'm a macman)

printscreen picture

Edited by perkmonster