LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 7730 no connection

haritori

Hi very very new to this,

But i have an Acer Aspire 7730G, with Intergrated Intel 4500MHD (which is pants for gaming) upon looking at my GPU i notice above it is the MXM pins but no actual slot/connector installed, my question is can the actual connection be purchased to add onto the board myself, looks quite easy as only requires aligning and screwing in, secondly will it work even if i have the intergrated Chipset and 3rd how do i then connect the MXM GPU if i can to a heaksink as the heatsink currently in place for the Intel would have to come out for this to fit?

my full model of my acer is

7730-485G16Mn

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I was just going to say that your chances of upgrading were slimmer than John Mccain winning the election. But it looks now like you may be "Ready For Change". :)

I found this:

http://translate.google.tt/translate?hl=en...%3D4jq%26sa%3DG

If this is your model then it should be upgradeable.

If this is your model then it should be upgradeable.

its exactly my model expect on the second image you can see the MXM II slot on my model that actual slot isnt there but he pins t connect a lot are with screw holes.,

ps thanks fo rthat but is anyone know for certain if i can add a MXM connection slot and do an upgrade?

I doubt that it will be that easy, there must be some resistors missing to provide power source to the socket. it happened to acer products like the aspire one SSD version, the SATA slot needed a bridge to get the 5 V, otherwise it gets no power. same thing to the mini pci-e on some HP's, the slot isn't there, many of the resistors and capacitors are missing on the side of the slot.