LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo M3438G and ATI HD 3650

Guest Matthias

Guest Matthias

Hey folks,

a couple of weeks ago my std. graphics card of my FSC Amilo M3438G (Geforce Go 6800) died as so many of you and of course with no warranty anymore.

So I researched a adequat replacment and found an reseller on eBay who told me that the card is compatible to FSC notebook.

It's an ATI Radeon Mob. HD 3650.

So I bought the card. The card fits optimal into the slot. The only thing I had to do is to work a bit on the headsink.

But when I push the power button, the HDD-control-LED blinks for 2 seconds but the Screen keeps powered off and the whole Latop doesn't starts up.

I came to the question that it might be a BIOS problem, or a vBios-thing. But I am not sure about that.

The reseller also told me that it will work 100% with the BIOS v2.03 from an Alienware M5500i and that this version is also compatible with my FSC because both models are identical in construction.

I am feeling kinda bullshi*** by them...

Does anyone knows about the compatibility between FSC Amilo M3438G and ATI Radeon HD 3650? (not X1800 and X1900)

I searched the forum, but didn't find a similar entry as mine.

Guys, you would help me so much in any way.

I appreciate every tip, clue or "bad news".

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Read this topic:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22903

If you have a 3650 512Mb DDR2 (red pcb) you are likely to encounter some problem with your amilo.

That's right you can flash your amilo with AW M5700 bios as they are identical: it "may" help...

But keep a backup of your bios and don't do it under windows, use a bootable flashdisk.

I remind you that flashing your amilo to non amilo bios can brick your lappy...

Good luck though

Guest Matthias

Thanks for ya post mate.

FYI - It's HD 3650 mobility GDDR3 256MB

...should properly work...

My French is rusty. So before trying to play around with BIOS versions... Are you shure that the M5700 BIOS will work?

If I get it to work - I will post a HowTo on this topic.

regards

No actually, I'm not sure AW M5700 will work.

It's always a random game when you flash around with other bioses...

You can solve the problem or end up with a press paper.

Good luck mate!

Guest Matthias

OK thx JohnBroot.

Until now I couldn't test the BIOS thing - I am not at home until next week.

Does someone else has a clue, or experience with FSC M3438G and ATI cards with this issue?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stefano

Hi... did u fix your problem?

I got similar problem for my Amilo pi 1556 and ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 3650 512 MB DDR2 MXM-II

I have installed it and when I press the power switch the laptop turn off after few seconds.

I have already updated the BIOS to http://aliendl.alienware.com/Mobile/m5750/...0_Bios1.19W.zip but it doesn't help.

Do you have any idea about how could I fix this problem?

Cheers

Stefano

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest health poisoned

Yeah im very interested to know if he got it to work in the m3834g as ive aquired a laptop with a fried 6800 and am looking for a card to replace it, if you did what bios did you flash to ? and if not anyone recoment any cards that will go straight in with no problems rather than the geforce 6800 or 7600 or 8600 lol cheeers =]

• 1 year later...

Hey folks,

a couple of weeks ago my std. graphics card of my FSC Amilo M3438G (Geforce Go 6800) died as so many of you and of course with no warranty anymore.

So I researched a adequat replacment and found an reseller on eBay who told me that the card is compatible to FSC notebook.

It's an ATI Radeon Mob. HD 3650.

So I bought the card. The card fits optimal into the slot. The only thing I had to do is to work a bit on the headsink.

But when I push the power button, the HDD-control-LED blinks for 2 seconds but the Screen keeps powered off and the whole Latop doesn't starts up.

I came to the question that it might be a BIOS problem, or a vBios-thing. But I am not sure about that.

The reseller also told me that it will work 100% with the BIOS v2.03 from an Alienware M5500i and that this version is also compatible with my FSC because both models are identical in construction.

I am feeling kinda bullshi*** by them...

Does anyone knows about the compatibility between FSC Amilo M3438G and ATI Radeon HD 3650? (not X1800 and X1900)

I searched the forum, but didn't find a similar entry as mine.

Guys, you would help me so much in any way.

I appreciate every tip, clue or "bad news".

Thanks in advance