LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS - Won't Install on Vista :(

Guest Anthony

Guest Anthony

NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS - Won't Install on Vista :)

I have a big problem here, Since I used the LaptopVideo2Go Forceware drivers [185.20 Vista 32bit - 2008-12-26] I cannot roll back to my old original Nvidia drivers.

I am running on Asus M70VM / Vista Home 32Bit

I uninstalled Nvidia from the "Programs and Features", rebooted into Safe Mode and ran 'Driver Cleaner Pro', 'Driver Sweeper', and even 'Nasty File Remover'. I removed all Nvidia sources and drivers. - (I hope!)

Now, I rebooted after the installation back to Vista Normal Mode, when I try to install using the setup.exe the installation completes and asks for a reboot, when it reboots and loads back to windows - it's still the same windows vista Default VGA driver.

Things I noticed during installation: The Nvidia installer did not flash / turn off monitor to do tests, like it always does.

Also one more thing - I tried manually updating the driver through the Device Manager and it said:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device"

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it." - "ACCESS IS DENIED"

Thank you.