LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Satellite M70-192 - graphic card upgrade

di eGO

Hello,

I have a Satellite M70-192 vith a Radeon X700 128MB and I would like to try upgrading it. I have searched the net for infos about the MXM type of this card on this rig, but no luck... Could you tell me what card would be suitable for my Satellite?

Thank you!

Specs:

Centrino M760 - 2GB

2x1GB Apacer 533MHz (original: 1x512MB Toshiba 533MHz)

320GB SATA II (works as SATA I) Seagate Momentus 7200.3 7200rpm 16MB (original: 60GB Toshiba 5400rpm 8MB)

X700 Radeon Mobility 128MB (+shared upto 128MB=256MB) 128bit

15.4inch TruBrite Display @ 1200x800

Pioneer DVDRW/DVDRAM drive

If you haven't found any info about MXM on Toshiba it probably means that Toshiba doesn't use MXM at all.

I could find replacable X1600 for a Toshiba Satellite 210 on ebay in the past, but they were definetely not MXM, so I wouldn't put too much hope on upgrading the even older M70.

For further reference check here: http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/notMXM.html

Edited by quipster

I think the X700 uses the AXIOM module. But I am not sure if Toshiba implemented it or is using it's own slot module. I think the only upgrades you can drop in are the X800 and the Nvidia 6800 Go. But I not entirely sure.

My advice is to open that thing up and see if the card is removable. If it is removable chances are that a card from the same Toshiba sattelite generation will fit in (I know two of these cards were x800 and Nvidia 6800 Go).