LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ATI Radeon HD 3200 vs NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G

Guest Backstabber

both are pretty much the same level of graphics performance, but you might get better driver support on nvidia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
nvidia is lot miles forward from nvidia.

WHAT???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ryan

So that must be why nvidia is known for releasing faulty chips and doing nothing to correct it..

www.hplies.com is a good example of nvidia letting down everyone. There's a class action lawsuit I read about, also.

Every single nvidia product I've owned has failed me, every one. TNT2, Geforce 3 ti 300. Geforce 4 ti4200m, nforce 4 ultra chipset, and now an 8200m g/chipset.

Yet, I have never had an ATI product fail me.. at least sort of. My x1950xt literally shot out a small flame and a glowing amber (blew a resistor somehow).. but it still works 100% (it's been nearly a year since that happened, too).

IN FACT just today I got my laptop back from HP after having to have the mobo replaced. Faulty chipset/gpu. 8200m g. It got to 126 degrees and then shut down. Wonderful stuff.

Also, nvidia can't even decide of the 8200 supports physx or cuda. They contradict themselves all over. It seems to work, somewhat, but some docs say it doesn't support those, and some do!

Stick with ATI. They have their stuff straight, and they're Canadian. Canada all the way.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...