GTA IV & Acer aspire 6920G

HANI

Hey,

I have a Acer Aspire 6920g with the following specs:

Geforce 9500m GS 512MB

4GB RAM

Inter Core 2 Duo Processor T5750 2.0 Ghz

Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium

I have tried lowering settings to lowest, but i only notice a couple of fps gain.. So if i change my settings from medium to low, i notce +3 fps wish seems really weird. I tried using a lot of tweaks with the commandline, turning off clip capture.. but nothing help, it's still runs at about 15-17fps. Ireally love this game, and I hope i can play it at an acceptable speed. I understand that the game is extremely unoptizmed, but i hope there is something i can do.

I've tried a couple of drivers like the ones on acer site 176, 179.28, 179.48, 182.50 (dox).. but i noticed that all are about the same.. I even tried installing XP, but that didn't help either.

so what do you think i should do?

And for those who have acer 6920g, are you able to play GTA4 fine?

THank you for your time.

Hani

Guest Guest

I am truly sorry for you HANI, but gta just isn't going to work on a 2.0 ghz processor, the best thing you can do is returning the game to the store you bought it from. Or buy a high/mid-end pc/laptop.

Dont be an a******, i´ve a 2,0ghz processor and i play gtaIV with 20<30 fps with medium setings

you guys should not be making stupid comments if you are inexperienced, I have a core 2 duo 1.83GHz, it runs GTA great with an HD3650 which is slightly better then 8600m gt(aka 9500m GS)

weird, so what do you think is my problem? I've thought that my main problem with the game is my cpu.. i run many games just fine, even crysis..

also, what drivers are you using?

Edited by HANI

i´ve a acer 5930 with windows 7, 9600mgt ddr3 with 181.71 nvidia drivers and it runs very well.

I have pretty similar notebook's specs to yours and on vista x64 & 182.08 drivers & overclocked gpu I can run GTA IV at 23-30fps and cannot find a way to push it further, so I'm forced to play this game on a desktop as in my opinion such framerates are unplayable.

As far I know GTA is unplayable/hardly playable on any mobile graphics card worse than GF 8800/9800 class due to being a poor port from console. And nothing can be done about this... :)

GTAIV scales the resolution of shadows and water with the resolution. Find on the forums a work around for that because that gives a performance hit because its inefficient for little visual gain.

Also turn shadows off.

However there is only so much you can to at the user end to improve on a dodgy port.

I think the right driver and tweaking you can get it working, I found a video with 8600m GT that is running GTA IV at pretty good frame-rates

on top of that, you can get a laugh from his Indian accent and the way he pronounce "damaged" as "de-me-ged". very funny choose of words too.

thnx a lot for you help guys! i'll try the gta iv drivers 180.84, also what other drivers do you recommend me to try? i'm currenly using 179.48

also, i have another question.. when i installed the game, i directly installed patch 1.0.2. should i have installed 1.0.1 then 1.0.2 or it doesn't matter?

I think the right driver and tweaking you can get it working, I found a video with 8600m GT that is running GTA IV at pretty good frame-rates

on top of that, you can get a laugh from his Indian accent and the way he pronounce "damaged" as "de-me-ged". very funny choose of words too.

Hani, yes i do recommend the 180.84 drivers (for this game only) you can try the dox version. Try and see if it works.

Morris, his accent is almost surely not Indian, it sounds Northern European, maybe Russian.

i've tried 185.20, 182.06, and 179.34.. they are about the same except for 179.34 which made the game even slower... i'll have to try 180.84, but i really had my hopes up about 185.20 because of so many people reporting fps increase in GTA IV some of those have the same gpu & specs