LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Gateway P Fanatics

Tewks

I have a 7801u Gateway Just trying to find drivers that allow significant overclocking around 698, 998, 1798. Currently Ive tried Dox's 182.05 and 181.20 but no luck it keeps failing and recovering. So any help would be awesome!

What temps are you getting (at those clocks)? And what are your original clocks (and your temps at those clocks.) Sometimes an overclock is just not doable and may damage your system if you're not careful. All those drivers are good so you may never achieve that goal (unless you have reason to believe that you should.)

My Temps never exceed 68C at any given time overclocking or not. My default clocks are 600 core, 799 memory, 1500 shaders. Ive read up on it that someone with the same laptop hit thos marks but I cant find the post anymore. The problem is with the driver when it stops responding and recovers.

I presume 68C is your idle temp?

That's very cool for a laptop. What program are you using to record the temps? Usually when a driver stop responding (when overclocked) it could mean that the gpu is too hot and it downclocked to prevent damage. What is your maximum stable o/c (when the driver doesn't stop responding)?

650 940 1740 is my current OC setup with temps never exceeding 68C on any game.

I suggest then you stick with what is stable before you damage your system. I am under the impression that those temps are wrong. What are your idle temps and what program are you using to check those temps?

I use 3 programs to monitor temps everest, core temp and speedfan

I have a 7805u, that had about the same specs before some upgrades.. I have had a lot of luck with the current beta drivers from nVidia for notebooks. I get 49C idle, and low 70s C when gaming, according to HWMonitor. Some textures have looked a little off around the edges, but performance is much better than everything else I have tried. I also got at least a 400 point gain with these drivers in 3DMark Vantage compared to any other drivers I tried.