LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600M GT 256MB / 9500M GS and Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E (KN1)

knabe-knuckles

Hi,

I wanted to upgrade my Gericom 1st Supersonic PCI E (KN1) with a NVidia 8600M GT 256MB (from an ACER Notebook).

But after the successful hardware part, the software part wasn't that successful.

What I mean: The Notebook switches on, but no picture on LCD (by VGA) and the internal screen.

And even after minutes, I don't get a signal, that the GPU is working with my Notebook.

What I have to say is, that the GPU, CPU and NB-Chip get warm, so the parts should work - but no pic.

Can somebody help me ?

Can I try to flash the vBIOS ?

EDIT:

May it work, when I install a 9500M GS in my laptop ?

Has somebody already got this config working ?

regards

knabe-knuckles

Edited by knabe-knuckles

You should contact your reseller. It is likely that the laptop BIOS does not support the new video card and does not know how to work with it properly. I should try to do more research on your own.

We've only been lucky with our 8400GS cards to date. And the batch that works is depleted, moving to another one besically removes the certainty it will work.

OK, so there's no way to get them working - only the QuadroFX770M from rado32 is working - which is a 9600M GT chip.

Are there any reports that the 9600M GT itself works on the KN1 Barebone ?

regards

knabe-knuckles

Read this http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=22932 try to upgrade mainboard bios or find that version of video bios but for 256mb ram instead of 512.

Maybe one of these http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.p...=&memSize=0

Edited by rado32

Hey rado32,

I'm on Q3B91 BIOS and so "up-2-date".

The 9600M GT thing - any news to get it fully working ?

Sorry mate nothing new about 9600GT, but before I got Quadro FX770M I had 9600M GS 256Mb (probably engineering sample) and that card worked even better than Quadro. I could get picture in Dos mode on internal LCD (with Quadro I must plug external monitor To see it).

What's new about 8600 GT? did you try other bioses for this card? Before flashing don't forget to make backup of your oryginal bios.

9600M_GS.zip